new with a question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dannielle, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Dannielle

Dannielle New Member

hello everyone,
    iam new to the board and new to fibro i have been fighting it for sometime it just took a while to get diagnosed they kept giving me diagnosis that i new i didnt have symptoms of but glad now that i no..its a hard struggle it causes me to have plenty headaches and lots of pressure which i meet some very nice people in chat that has sayed welcome thats part of it..i have lots of trouble with what i call starring not being able to focus its like i cant really look at anything before i reliaze iam starring it they thought i had seizures because of the amount of times a day that i do this but the test came back not to be seizures but it drives me crazy i hate it i hate not feeling like iam in control and it scares me to death thinking something major is going wrong in my head because of that i do it all day long its like everything i do before i no it iam starring at it i almost ran into the back of a boat doing this its scary how many of you actually have this symptom that iam having ?? and what can i do for it if anything??..iam so glad to have found this site just from the one visit here i no that i have meet some very wonderul people and it feels great knowing iam not alone that others are going through the same as i do ..i hope they find us a cure hugs dannielle
  2. Dannielle

Dannielle New Member

hello everyone,
    iam new to the board and new to fibro i have been fighting it for sometime it just took a while to get diagnosed they kept giving me diagnosis that i new i didnt have symptoms of but glad now that i no..its a hard struggle it causes me to have plenty headaches and lots of pressure which i meet some very nice people in chat that has sayed welcome thats part of it..i have lots of trouble with what i call starring not being able to focus its like i cant really look at anything before i reliaze iam starring it they thought i had seizures because of the amount of times a day that i do this but the test came back not to be seizures but it drives me crazy i hate it i hate not feeling like iam in control and it scares me to death thinking something major is going wrong in my head because of that i do it all day long its like everything i do before i no it iam starring at it i almost ran into the back of a boat doing this its scary how many of you actually have this symptom that iam having ?? and what can i do for it if anything??..iam so glad to have found this site just from the one visit here i no that i have meet some very wonderul people and it feels great knowing iam not alone that others are going through the same as i do ..i hope they find us a cure hugs dannielle
  3. loonie

loonie New Member

Hi, Dannielle:

Welcome to the board. Sorry you are having this problem. I do this once in a while, but not really enough to bother me. I guess a lot of "boarders" are not on the board on the weekends, so it may take a while, but I am sure you will find others with the same problem.

Say, were you on water or on land when you almost ran into that boat? (TEE HEE)

If you want to keep your post up close to the top, you can reply to your own post and just put "BUMP" in the title and message. This will put it where more people will see it when they come back on. Sometime Monday or maybe Tuesday since Mon is a holiday.

Have a nice weekend, and watch out for that boat!!!

Loonie, aka Kathe
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

It is wierd. I was in elementary school when I first npticed it. I knew I was doing it but, I just went with it. I also use to get mesmerized by car head lights. Not any more I just some how started to feel it happening and then I would startle myself out of itand force myself to look else where. Haven't thought about it in years.

Good luck, Kim
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Dannielle, welcome to our world. I do get that 'stare' feeling, but I force myself not to go with it, so to speak. You are the first person I have heard mention this in the year and a half I have been on this board. I had no idea it was related in anyway to Fibro/CFS.

I only get it now and them, but I truly control it. You just get the 'urge' to just keep staring at the same thing to the point of being mesmerized and lost in space somewhere, you won't hear or see anything around you.

I believe that people, say like truckers who drive long distances call this 'road hypnosis', but we don't need to be driving to get into this feeling, it can happen anywhere.

Hopefully some else can explain it better than I. I don't know the medical term for it, or if there is one.

The board will be slow with the holiday/weekend, so we will keep your post bumped so that we can all learn what causes this and what it is called, medically.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

And I love the way you spell your name, but asking for forgiveness in advance in case I forget & spell it wrong...lol

This board is unbelieveable. I've had this for years, have to jerk myself out of it...couldn't believe till I saw your post that others had this as a symptom of fms!! So the new person on the block made a hit!!! You may also want to read the post by KYRock entitled "Just like you, just like I" for other bizarre symptoms we have in common.

When you're not teaching us (hee!), you'll find a lot of great info on this site from the library & the great supporting members here.

Take hope, as I have, from those who have found some things that greatly improve their situation.

Best wishes. Michele
  7. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Even my family is noticing this as if I don't interrupt the "gaze", both eyes will shut and I look for the world as if I'm alseep! I almost am asleep but not quite. I am aware of what is being said but sometimes I answer goofy.

Yesterday was a prime example. Church goes from 9;30 til 12:45 and it was Fast Sunday and no problem..then at home, where my 28 year old has crash landed, at my invitation, and the decision of where to eat comes up....on and on until it is 4:00 and a decision is still not had!

Well, we finally ended up at Luby's (no plug) then came home to watch a little tv but I could not keep both eyes open!! My daughter was laughing hysterically and I surely don't blame her! I would watch with one eye for a while, then switch to the other,..with both eyes open I saw double! I finally called it a night, prayed I would sleep, which I thankfully did, but as stated in my post, it is still with me!

Man, was I thankful to read Dannielle's post! I still pass the preliminary chin to chest and side to side test for anything remotely related to enchephalitis. But what is going on! Cactus!
  8. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Glad to have you with us! I have probably had fibro for years too, but just recently got diagnosed with it. I do the stare thing to and people say they say things to me and I don't hear them and stuff like that. They told me that mine was petit mal seizures though....now I am not so sure since reading the other posts to your question.
    Maybe we can stumble on to something and find out if it related in any way. Anyway, welcome and there is always help here when you need it!

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  9. Dannielle

Dannielle New Member

BUMP.....am i doing this rite shirl said to bump to keep a message on top i may not being doing it rite if not please tell me lol..thanks dannielle
  10. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Yes, I get the “stares” all of the time! When I used to take the subway to work I was afraid that someone would think I was staring at them and start trouble with me! LOL

Welcome to the board!

-Shoobie
  11. dlizard

dlizard New Member

and I think its wierd that noone can tell us what's wrong....Good luck
  12. tandy

tandy New Member

You pegged it!! I do this everyday!!!I HATE it!!why the hell are we so spaced out??Its like I'm here physically but not mentally.I hafta laugh because just the other day my soon to be 10 yrs old son said to me"Ma-how come everytime I'm telling you something all you say to me is -Really?-"LOL..... and this staring,spaced out feeling is no doubt the reason,I hear him but I'm zoning!!poor kid~
    I really wish I knew of something to help this.I've tried ginseng(b/c it helps with better concentration)I did'nt like it!I felt like I was on speed!any suggestions out there?
    Anyway welcome!and thanks for letting me know its not just me......I LOVE to hear that!
    Best regards,
    Tracey