New with question

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by lymelights, May 28, 2008.

1. lymelights

lymelights New Member

Hi,
    I am new here - But I have been reading posts for awhile.I just never got the nerve up to post.

I have spent a lot of time studying Resources at truthaboutlymedisease.com (among other sites) and I noticed antoher member here said the site helped them too.

Their Lyme (youtube) video also under their Resource link helped me really understand this disease.

Now my question..it seems that many with Lyme stay sick a long time?

How long does it take to get well? I just started antibiotics and am not feeling well an wondering if people do get well?

2. lymelights

lymelights New Member

Hi thank you for the link and response. Yes I have a very considerate lyme doctor. I have pain (pretty bad) and he is very careful not to prescribe to a point of feeling intolerable.

I will check out the link you suggested, it would be nice to read success stories.

Has anyone here gotten well?
  3. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I have been in treatment since 1/08 useing antibiotics and supps. to boost my immune system. Im slowly making progress. My LLMD says recovery time depends on how long you have had lyme and how bad the infection is. I hope this helps. sandie
  4. lymelights

lymelights New Member

I don't remember a bite or anything, but I do remember flea bites when we got kittens a few years ago and puppies about 10 years ago.

I might have had 2 years or 10 I don't know..I did have a Fibro diagnosis many years ago, but that "feeling" was nothing like this "lyme" feeling..it is much worse.

Thanks again.
  5. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Many dont ever remember getting bit, most people with Lyme
    were diagnosed with FM then months or years later find out that its Lyme. Sandie
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

that as people get treated, they fall into subgroups... some do well with abx only, others have to try alternative therapies and/or rotate them, all with varying degrees of success.

Even if one is completely successful after long-term abx, most LLMDs feel that you never really completely get rid of it, and should likely pulse a round of abx 1-2X/year. AND continue being a health nut so your immune system stays as strong as possible!

all the best,
    Victoria