new...wondering about widsom teeth removal and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mq, Sep 9, 2002.

1. mq

mq New Member

After being sick since April, it looks like I likely have CFS and hypoglycemia. The blood test (Ebstein bar and I hope cortisol) are still out, but my symtoms match. I'm scheduled to have all my wisdom teeth out in a month...I was looking at the book From fatigue to Fantastic last night and I began to wonder if that was a good idea...something about the stress of dental work causing major problems (shock!)
    MQ
  2. mq

mq New Member

After being sick since April, it looks like I likely have CFS and hypoglycemia. The blood test (Ebstein bar and I hope cortisol) are still out, but my symtoms match. I'm scheduled to have all my wisdom teeth out in a month...I was looking at the book From fatigue to Fantastic last night and I began to wonder if that was a good idea...something about the stress of dental work causing major problems (shock!)
    MQ
  3. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi there, and welcome!

I had some dental work done (re-opening and cleaning of a root-canal because of an abscess), and had a health set-back then, also had a molar extracted, and got worse after that. My doc thinks it may be hypoadrenalism, so I'm now tested for that.(If you have hypoadrenalism, you can't deal with stress, and that includes the (considerable) stress of dental work.)

Wait at least for the result of the cortisol test (that should give an indication on adrenal stress factor). If its too low, you may want this treated first, before the dental work.

Susanne
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Is that bloodwork or actually a test they do on ya?? Yhanks
  5. ValG

ValG New Member

All I've read is, if you get local anesthetic, make sure it does not contain epinephrine. Neither source said why. Valerie

[ advertisement ]