NEW YOGURT ...IT WORKED FOR ME.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolynAnne, Mar 13, 2006.

1. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

I usually dont post, but I wanted to let you all know about a new yogurt that is on the market. It has become a lifesaver for me, I live with CFS.

It is called Dannon Activia. It contains Bifidus Regularis - with other active cultures including L.Bulgaricus, S.Thermophilus and Bifidobacterium. It is marketed as naturally helping to regulate your digestive system. I must say it has worked better than any medicine/herb/vitamin I have tried. It is sold in the supermarket - and comes in some yummy flavors - Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach and Mixed Berries.

2. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

Thanks for the tip. Did it help you feel better in general or what particular symptoms did it help?
  3. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

It helped me with stomach and bowel challenges I was having due to my medication and this DD. It also acts as a buffer in my stomach when I take my medicine in the morning.
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

I saw the add on T.V. and was wondering if it was good.

Tks. for the post. Glad you're feeling better because of it.

Kendra
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Thanks for the reminder.

I find that commercial a bit amusing though, because they market flavoured yogurts like they are some great new thing, but any natural plain yogurt does wonders. I need to stress natural though, fat free yogurts that are full of starchy fillers and the heavily sweetened and flavoured kinds can be as much help as pudding if they lack the bacteria found in a good culture.

I use plain yogurt as a painkiller sometimes. I'm like Stormy, and I notice a direct correlation between back pain esp. and yeast levels. It can also be the best antacid you can take.

Jeanne
  6. forfink

forfink New Member

Activia® is a great-tasting lowfat yogurt from Dannon® that contains Bifidus Regularis™, a natural probiotic culture that can help regulate your digestive system by helping reduce long intestinal transit time*. Bifidus Regularis, available only in Activia, is a live "friendly" bacteria that's beneficial when eaten daily. Learn more about Bifidus Regularis™.

Maintaining Balance
    You may already know how important it is to maintain
    a healthy balance of the good bacteria that naturally reside
    in your digestive system. But you might not realize the extent to
    which this balance changes with age and is affected by diet, the environment,
    hormonal changes and your stress level. An imbalance can lead to potentially uncomfortable digestive issues, including slow intestinal transit time.

Activia® Can Help
    Including Activia in your daily diet can help regulate your digestive system by helping reduce long intestinal transit time* - and you'll enjoy its six delicious flavors. Because Activia is made by Dannon, you can be assured that it's a delicious way to do something good for your body.
  7. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

It is made with Fructose Syrup and Sugar. The label says 17g.
  8. jane32

jane32 New Member

I wa taking the one that you drink. Forget what one that was buy really liked it too. I think it is from Dannon.
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Carolyn,

Did you eat it the two weeks and then notice the improvement? I have diverticulitus and I am having trouble with my system. I thought this would help, so your endorsement was interesting to me.

Thanks for the post, and maybe you could tell me how long you've been eating it.

About plain yogurt....Blech! Just my personal taste, not a criticism. I used to even make it and make myself eat it. Never did like it even with fruit, etc. Life's too short!

(-:

Sue
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

This has sugar. I never buy any artificial sweetened food. Bad stuff. Glad you brought this up. It can't be mentioned enough.

Sue
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

As before they started taking all the good stuff OUT of yoghurt all yoghurt had the good bacteria in it.

I always buy Organic yoghurt, which always has the good stuff present. Many things calling themselves yoghurt, are not really yoghurt at all, but some conconction made with all sorts of stuff.

So glad Dannon has turned the page and that it is helping you. I Love Stoneyfield Farm organic strawberry yoghurt, but have to get the lactose free one.

Love Anne C