New York Times - Great article

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chrissy12, Oct 15, 2009.

1. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

The New York Times has done another article on ME/CFS. It is a question/answer with Dr. Klimas. It is excellent with real answers.

Hopefully, we can all e-mail or blog on it to show The Times we are really interested in these articles.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Oh that's great chrissy. Thank you so much for posting this. :)

Nancy Klimas has always been on our side. She was the one who referred to CFS as "the little AIDS" but doesn't say that anymore as it upset a lot of patients but not me. I feel so validated by that statement and feel that it is an accurate description of what happens to our immune systems. I agree with her that I'd rather have HIV as well for many reasons.

I'm sure the NYT won't publish my comment as usual but I can't help and remind them of all the damage they've done to us. Tea, did you see this article? :)

It's so great to see the NYT and other prominent news sites showing the history of CFS and how horribly we have been treated by the CDC and the NIH. I just shake my head at how stubborn they're still being.

I didn't realize that De Freitas's retrovirus was confirmed by two other researchers and a commercial lab. I probably read that in Osler's Web and then forgot.

[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2009]
  3. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

This is the link to the article:

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I was especially gratified to see that she said (as a physician working with HIV and CFS patients) that she would rather have HIV (in 2009) than CFS

I mean it's a sad statement, but it certainly gets the severity across so much better than the stupid comments I've seen left and rt that mention one or two of the symptoms in such a manor as to make them sound like nothing