New

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nitalynn, Nov 24, 2002.

1. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Hi, I'm new to the board. Have been lurking for a couple of weeks. I was dx with fibro about 2 yrs ago. And hypothyroid last year. Did not have any symtoms after going on thyroid meds for about a year and then started having pain again about 3 months ago. Dr checked trigger points and sure enough they were very painful. Was a real dissapointment because I had convinced myself that the fibro was missed diagnosed. Have had to go back on pain meds(ultracet). Am still working full time though but worry about what the future holds.
  2. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Hi, I'm new to the board. Have been lurking for a couple of weeks. I was dx with fibro about 2 yrs ago. And hypothyroid last year. Did not have any symtoms after going on thyroid meds for about a year and then started having pain again about 3 months ago. Dr checked trigger points and sure enough they were very painful. Was a real dissapointment because I had convinced myself that the fibro was missed diagnosed. Have had to go back on pain meds(ultracet). Am still working full time though but worry about what the future holds.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

WELCOME~~~~glad you're here. Since you've been a lurker, you know the scoop, so just continue to post and enjoy the support you'll get from those of us who truly understand what you're experiencing.

Love,
    Kady
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

welcome to the board
    you are very lucky to be working just take things day by day,just think maybe tommrow youll be in remission agin one can only hope !

kara
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Nitalynn, glad to have you join us. I have had remissions from the Fibro too, thought I was 'cured' a few times, but it came back. The longest was a year without the symptoms and pain.

Its good that you have a doctor that is willing to work with you. So many of us have doctor problems, they simply don't believe we are ill.

Just take it one day at a time, thats what most of us do.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

By the way I'm on the northshore, Mandeville.