NEW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by painin, Dec 11, 2002.

1. painin

painin New Member

I have sat here for a few weeks now since finding your site and finally decided it was time to join you wonderful people! I want to thank you for being here for me without you even knowing it. I have suffered many illnesses and conditions for years with no explanations until October when I was finally diagnosed with Fibro. It wasn't the greatest news, but at least I finally had a dignosis. I do have a question tho. Do any of you suffer from severe swelling in your legs and feet? My Drs. tell me it is from the steroids I was on. Only it has been well over a month since I had any. And what really makes no sense to me is that that is why I was put on the steroids in the first place! I just want to say HI! And I am thrilled that I found you all!!
  2. painin

painin New Member

I have sat here for a few weeks now since finding your site and finally decided it was time to join you wonderful people! I want to thank you for being here for me without you even knowing it. I have suffered many illnesses and conditions for years with no explanations until October when I was finally diagnosed with Fibro. It wasn't the greatest news, but at least I finally had a dignosis. I do have a question tho. Do any of you suffer from severe swelling in your legs and feet? My Drs. tell me it is from the steroids I was on. Only it has been well over a month since I had any. And what really makes no sense to me is that that is why I was put on the steroids in the first place! I just want to say HI! And I am thrilled that I found you all!!
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I can't help with your question about swelling in your legs. That has not been a problem for me. I just wanted to welcome you to the board. I'm sure someone will come along shortly who can help you out with your questions.

Barbara
  4. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Was on them a little while a couple years ago and it took many months to really get over having been on them.
  5. catgal

catgal New Member

So glad you decided to join in. I've had FM/CFS for 35 years and also have degenerative disc disease, IBS, osteo & rheumatoid arthritis, asthma/allergies, and psoriasis. However, I don't have the type of swelling you are describing. My hands & feet swell from the arthritis. But, there are alot of knowledgeable people here, and I am sure someone will be along to help you out.

Also, you can go up to the Search slot and type in any subject by name, and it will bring up all the posts/responses that have ever been posted on this Board about that subject.

There are no strangers here--just fellow sufferers who understand--so jump right in and feel at home. Carol...
  6. allhart

allhart New Member

i just wanted to wanted to say welcome to the board
  7. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

but ain't this place great?! I've learn sssooooooooooo much here and everyone is so sweet and concerned with each other...and so much info...WOW!!!!
    Welcome!

1Writer
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to our world! Glad to hear you have been enjoying the board, and pleased that you decided to post and let us know what you think about us!

I, like the others can't help with the swelling in your legs, but I am sure someone else will be able to share their experience with you. I do know lots of members have had steriod shots at one time or the other.

I have had Fibro for 20 plus years, so I know how you are feeling. Its an awful way to live, but it could be worst, right?

Again, welcome to the board, and I do hope we get to hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

This board has been a lifesaver for me, got fibro in May of this yr, I did get a diagnosis within a month or two, I was so intent on getting it figured out, I just went from Dr to Dr, I am glad you found us, you can ask anything here no matter how personal and we all are in the same boat. I have never been dissappointed yet by these people.

Jaci
  10. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

So glad you found your way here....lots to learn from all these great people. Sorry--I don't have any severe swelling...just the usual ankle swelling stuff.....someone is sure to be along.
    Hope to hear more from you,
    Karen
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yes, I've had swelling mainly in my left foot for years. If I lay around a lot and keep my foot up, then my foot looks normal. Otherwise, when I take my shoe off at the end of the day, you can see the line the shoe made. Other than that, it doesn't bother me (except the fibro does make the toes of both feet hurt some days).

Glad you have found this board to be as supportive as I have!

Ellen
  12. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

Glad you decided to join us. A lot of us lurked before we talked so do not worry about that.

Steroids? why are you on them? they can give many folks a lot of side effects. My husband has ashthma and his last bout with steroids shut down his adrenal glands and the docs have told him not to expect to be back to normal for up to a year. he suffers from blood pressure dropping, hot flashes, sleepiness, memory problems just to name a few things.

Swelling usually is not part of fibro. I have had it for years and been diagnosed for 7--I also have osteo arthritis and that causes me to swell.

I hope you find many cyber friends here

cathy aka griswoldgirl
  13. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I'm glad you are here, too, and hope you find lots of info and the support you need from us. BonBon