NEW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scottsworry, Jun 11, 2003.

1. scottsworry

scottsworry New Member

Hi, I am new to this sight but I love all the information. I was diagnosed with Fibro. about a year ago, however I am sure that I have had it or something for at least 10 yrs. I am now 37 yrs old.

My constant pain is in my lower back, however my joint in my hands are often swollen. I have numbness in my limbs, and my hair seems to be falling out. My hips hurt during "sleep" if I could. A feather matress has helped along with SONATA sleeping pills.

I have been to many Drs. I am now under the care of a Pain Management Dr. who will listen and run any test I ask.

I find my pain is worse about a week sometimes two before my monthly. Does anyone else seem to flare more then?

Thanks for listening.

2. dghoover

dghoover New Member

Welcome to the board scottsworry,
    You will find a lot of good information here. I remember I had a lot more problems before my monthly, I don't have to deal with that any more. I'll bump this up in hopes others will answer your question.
    Again welcome to the board. LOL Debra
  3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Yes, I feel like the past few months I have had
    more joint pain the week or so before my period.
    Wrist and hands and lower legs I think. I am sick
    enough from cramps and everything else that
    goes along with the monthly "enemy," I don't
    like these new symptoms!

Welcome to the group.
    Lynn
  4. scottsworry

scottsworry New Member

Thanks for the nice welcome.
    I am hoping that the OBGYN will run some hormone tests to see it could be anything else.
  5. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

Some people don't have this connection with there hormones and others do. I pretty much felt like I had the flu every other month.

My strange saving grace was early menopause at 37. Have not had a period in a year so that does not cause a huge flare. However, trying to keep hormones balanced otherwise was another set of problems. I met one woman who talked her Gyn into giving her a monthly injection to stop her periods. That is rare.

I am trying to encourage all the new member about how useful the search engine can be. It goes back months and can fill you in on so much or so many symptoms as they change or come up or whatever.

Glad you are here.

Lynda B.
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Funny you should mention the flu! I find that I ALWAYS
    get sick either right before or right after my periods or
    both. I am sick every day of every month for one
    thing or another or a bunch of things.

I do have polycystic ovarian disease and perhaps
    endometriosis. I have some blood filled cysts
    on my ovaries and the radiologist report always
    says to consider endometriosis.

I have so many issues that need to be address
    I just dont' know where to begin. My Gyn, whom
    I adored, doesn't practice anymore. I really loved her and she was so nice to me. I dont' know how I can
    ever replace her.

Sometimes all of these illnesses get so overwhelming
    to deal with.

Lynn
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to our world. Glad you found our board.

You seem to be doing good with the bed, all you need to add is a 'mattress heating pad' to that featherbed. They are sold at Penny's, Sear's and Wal-Mart on line.

It gives a gentle heat, and will help with the night pain and the morning stiffness.

I put mine on top of the featherbed, and put a sheet over them both. Everyone here who has tried one loves them.

Again, welcome to the board...........

Shalom, Shirl
  8. scottsworry

scottsworry New Member

Thanks for the welcome, and the great advise. I will definetly try it.

It is great to finally find people who I can relate too. I hate when people even ask how I am. Most just look at you like your nuts.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.

Becky
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been battling FM for over 20 years, I know where you are coming from with 'normals' telling you that you don't look 'sick'.

I am a bit on the flip mouth side, and I usually tell them that I don't have a 'problem' with my 'looks', its my body that hurts!

Also, for that hip pain you mentioned, try putting a pillow between your knees at night and sleep on the side that hurts the least.

Doing this has eliminated my hip pain. It helps keep your back aligned when you are sleeping.

Take care, and I am happy you have found us, we DO understand.....................

Shalom, Shirl