newbee here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dunna, Jun 12, 2006.

1. dunna

dunna New Member

newbee here just waqnted to say hi to everyone. up all night. this is now my 3rd night without sleep. any suggetions.
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I've been doing that for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I'm really so tired, but I can't seem to sleep. I did some breathing exercises that a friend here helped me with earlier. In through the nose and out through the mouth, just don't do too many. Just calm relaxing breaths. It's making me sleepy now, so maybe, just maybe, I'll finally crash. Valerian Root is supposed to be a good supplelment to take for sleep. I haven't tried it yet. I just got it and need to make sure with doc that it won't interfere with the other meds I'm taking. I can tell you that I don't like Ambien CR. It makes me have crazy dreams what little I do sleep and I still wake up several times a night. I just gave up on that one. Going to talk to my doc tomorrow (I hope) and maybe I can find out something then.

OH, welcome to the board. This is a wonderful place with all kinds of loving and supportive people. You're going to love it here. It feels like home.

PS - How silly of me, I forgot to mention Benadryl. I take a couple of them sometimes and they seem to help too.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]
  3. pinsnneed1es

pinsnneed1es New Member

a nice quiet spot and justgetcommpie and think, with the lights out.
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Just wanted to welcome you. This is a great place to learn and just to validate your illness. Lots of wonderful thoughtful folks.

Welcome. Hopefully some others might have some thoughts on helping you sleep. At the moment my Fibro brain is blank.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Welcome to the board. Do you take med. for sleep? If so, it sounds like it has quit working. I sure hope that you get some sleep soon, cause it only makes things worse. Again, welcome.

Kriket
  6. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i am a newbie too, not sure when you stop being a newbie, maybe when you start to recognize every one...lol