Newbie Anyone in their 20's with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lightswitch, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Lightswitch

Lightswitch New Member

Just curious, is there anyone in their 20's / 30's or younger that is dealing with FM??
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have been dealing with FM, CFS, RLS and MPS since I was 17. I was dx'd at 20.

It is very hard...I was very angry and bitter at first. I was mad at the world and very depressed. Overtime I accepted it...it took awhile though.

I have managed to get back into the working field full-time with the help of my meds.

I was on disability for 3-4 years, but realized that the checks I was getting were never gonna pay the bills.

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

cmp since my teenage years then fibro kicked in around 3 years ago i just turned 37. charlene
  4. cavegirl

cavegirl New Member

Hi there!
    I'm now 29, was diagnosed in 2002 with Fibromyalgia and later on myofascial pain syndrome. I have an awsome doctor, but hat's after going to 23 others who sucked. If you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm here for you. I just started a support group on yahoo groups. I'm going to post the info on here soon. But this sucks. I'm fortuanate to get onto disability the first time around because there's no way in hell I can work, I'm in bed way too much and my pain still isn't completely under control either.

Whitney :)
    infinite242@gmail.com
  5. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Right now I am 26 but at the end of the month I will be 27.I got sick around 24.
  6. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

ever since I was around 14, then after the birth of my daughter at 19, I started to get a lot of symptoms, and some has been progressed to worse. Now I'm 24, and is still waiting to hear if I have FM, so far I had migraine and vasovagal syncope. It was hard but I have family support and being positive helps me to go through the tough times.
  7. hob

hob New Member

and have been formally diagnosed with fibro for almost 5 years now. i think i'm lucky for having it young when my life is starting as an adult rather than in the middle of adulthood. i would be happy to answer any questions you have
  8. aubrygreen

aubrygreen New Member

I'm 21. I've had fibromyalgia for two years, give or take- ever since I was injured in training in the military.
  9. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i'm sixteen.
    first got sick when i was fifteen.
    -danielle
  10. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Hi, I'm 23. I've had symptoms since around 15, dx-ed around 17.
  11. bmadan

bmadan New Member

Hello, I am 27 and have been diagnosed as having FMS. It's kinda funny though, I have never really been ill and was super active, very positive, then this past year, wham, everything changed from pretty much one day to the next.

Now looking back, I have had symptoms happening for at least 2 years, but it wasn't until this year when they all hit me at once (horribly).

If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

Barbara