Newbie - foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by asilvius, Oct 20, 2002.

1. asilvius

asilvius New Member

Just found this board today. It is encouraging to know I am not alone in this mystery.

I received a formal diagosis a couple of years ago, but I have had it for years!!!

Right now my feet are the biggest problem. I can hardly walk. Does anyone else experience this. I also have the "butt pain" but mine is lower where the hamstring connects.

Anyone know a good doc in the Omaha, NE area?

Anneta
  2. asilvius

asilvius New Member

Just found this board today. It is encouraging to know I am not alone in this mystery.

I received a formal diagosis a couple of years ago, but I have had it for years!!!

Right now my feet are the biggest problem. I can hardly walk. Does anyone else experience this. I also have the "butt pain" but mine is lower where the hamstring connects.

Anyone know a good doc in the Omaha, NE area?

Anneta
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Anneta...Yes, somedays you will find me hobbling around. Its like the bottom of my feet are bruised, and are really objecting to carrying the weight of my body around.
    Look on the homepage of this site. On the left hand side, you will see Dr. Referral. Click on it, and on the page that opens you will see a "Good Doctors, List". I found my physician there. The Docs have been recommended by other FM/CFS patients. Thank goodness, I found him---I was totally frustrated in my search, prior to that. Just wanted to pop in ...and welcome you ....hope to hear how your search for a Doctor is going.
    Regards,
    Karen
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Anneta, glad you have found us. Yes, I have had the 'foot pain' too. It lasted off and on for about a year, then it went like it came. Who knows with the Fibro thing???

Try the good doctor list; http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm

Lots of members here have found a good doctor on this list.

Good luck to you, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. PMangels

PMangels New Member

First I want to welcome you. There are a lot of loving, caring and supportive people here. If you have any questions be sure to ask...because there is most generally someone here who knows the answer.

Like Shirl said, you can look in the good doctor list. There is one in Lincoln listed there. I go to a doctor in Omaha. I've been seeing her since 1992. She is the one who finally diagnosed me with FM after spending a couple of years not getting anywhere with my PCP. There are three Rheumatology doctors in this group and they are located at:
    Westroads Medical Group
    10170 Nicholas Street
    Omaha, Ne
    (402) 391-3800
    This is North of the Westroads Mall...easy to find.
    I see Dr. Debra Doud.
    I have to drive from Norfolk which is an hour and a half drive so have to take the day off work and just make a day of it and if I feel up to it maybe a little shopping.

I have "buttock pain" a lot too and it is from my sciatica and periformis nerve. I'm not saying that's your problem so you must have it checked out. I also have the pain in my ankles and feet from the FM. I am taking Vioxx for that. Plus I take other meds too for my FM.

I was surprised to see your post because I haven't seen anyone from Nebraska on here yet...maybe I just missed some. Anyway keep in touch. Would like to hear how you come out.

Love,
    Arlene
  6. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

My feet and legs hurt all the time! I'm having a hard time driving lately. Having to keep my foot in one position on the gas pedal is very painful. I also have those muscle "jerks", or contractions in my legs and feet. That's really irritating! Hope you find some relief soon.

Crissie
  7. Thella

Thella New Member

for foot pain. My accupunctureist is also a physio therapist. She recommends massaging the foot (hard) with an arthritis cream like aspercreme or the A535 stuff. Not the blue stuff because it is sticky the cream is absorbed.
    She says to massage hard and it will hurt like heck but it is good for the feet as it will increase circulation and get the muscles and tendons back in shape.
    hope this helps.
    thella
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My hands & feet are my biggest problem. And I have different kinds of foot pain on different days. Sometimes the bottoms are so sore I feel like I've walked 100 miles, sometimes it's as if my toes feel pinched, sometimes it's a kind of burning pain on the tops of my feet.

Hope you find a good doc in Omaha, sounds like you've gotten some good suggestions! I live in Kansas City, but just moved here--my husband is from Omaha, and I lived there for a year when we were first married, about 20 years ago. Dundee area. We're driving up to visit good friends there this weekend.

Hope you find a good doc & get some relief!

Feel better,
    Pam