newbie from australia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dumdum, Sep 12, 2003.

1. dumdum

dumdum New Member

Hi, I am new to the board but have been a regular visitor for the last 2 years. Without knowing it you guys have been a great help and support. To know there are others who understand what we go through is very reassuring. I am 44yr old and a mother of 4 youngest is 13 oldest is 18 my husband and family are very understanding now that know more about cfs. Have had it for the last 7 years and I am lucky to be able to manage quite well. I work full time as my husband does not and he takes care of everything at home. Reading about your up and downs means I have people that I can relate to. I have alway been frightened to speak to you as I am not very good with computers. But here I am.
  2. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am glad you finally broke the silence! Do not be afraid to pst...I just have a webtv and amd not very good with it..much less a computer.

I marvel at you working full time. I am in hopes I will be able to start part time somewhere in a couple of months or so.

Well..time for me to hit the hay! I hope to talk to you again soon!
    ...Sherry
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Well its really nice of you to join us, to think you have been reading all this time too.

Do not worry about being good with computers, I only have this one for three years now. The only thing I knew was a keyboard when I came to this board.

I am still not very smart with the computer, I am too busy here on the board to learn much more than I know now.

We are so glad to have you write a post, and I do hope we hear from you more often. I guess you know a lot of us by reading, so give us a chance to know YOU now :)

Again, welcome, and please write often.............

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I wanted to welcome you to the board. I also have CFIDS and am able to work full time. I know it is very hard indeed!! I was so very pleased the first time I was able to read posts from people that had the same symptoms as me. Sometimes I felt so alone in the world and just coming here to feel surrounded by others that felt the way I did.....made a big difference in my life!! I am so glad that you are able to manage with this diagnosis as well. Love, Hippen
  5. kalina

kalina New Member

Nice to meet you, dumdum. I'm glad you broke your silence to post here! :) I was a lurker for a while, too, so I know what you mean, but just jump right in and make yourself at home. Hope to hear from you again soon!

Kalina