newbie here!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twister425, Sep 28, 2005.

1. twister425

twister425 New Member

Im coming out of my hole! What i was wondering! I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and waiting on my appt for a bone scan to verify ankylosing spondilitis. I have been awoken several times now with the feeling of burning, stabbing feeling in my thigh. incredible pain! has anyone esle experianced this? I look forwrd to posting with everyone. thanks so much!!!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

nice to meet you.

I have CFS and Fibro - when fibro started it was with stabbing pains in BOTH my thighs, I would wake up already in tears.

I take ZMA from this shop and it has helped.

I don't know about one thigh though.

love
    Rosie
  3. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board.

hugs,
    brit
  4. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Yes, I have this. I will be dreaming that I am in so much pain and then I wake up and I am in so much pain. Yes, I usually have the pain in the hip I am laying on.

I usually try to lay on my back, but then of course, my back hurts. It's a never ending saga. I definitey have to take my ultracet before I go to bed and that helps until it wears off.

At least I get some sleep. Sorry I can't be more help.

Jodi
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi twister, welcome to the board! Burning, stabbing pain sounds like fibromyalgia.
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I'm glad you found us. You will get a lot of encouragement and some good laughs along with a lot of info. Glad you ventured out of your hole. It's not soon, considering how green you look. LOL.

Maree
  7. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Twister,

Welcome! I started here in August and the support and knowledge I've found are wonderful.

The pain you are having sounds like my regular routine. Some days it's one leg, some days it's both. My calves are affected the same way.

I take hydrocodone (vicodin) for it. And I hang out here--it takes my mind off the pain.

I look forward to your posts!

Francie
  8. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

When i first came down with fibro about 7 years ago, I had the same thing you are describing. There was 3 days and nights that I didn't sleep because everytime I moved any muscle even a finger I would have sharp stabbing pains from head to toe. I could not even cry because it hurt too bad. My husband would even have to help me to the bathroom because I couldn't walk on my on. Thank goodness I don't have pains like that to often anymore.

What meds are you on now? It sometimes takes a while to find the right one to help and then if you're like me that does last for long before it quits working. In the past 7 years i've tryed Celebrex, predizone, elavil, skalaxin, flexiril, paxil, trazodone, effexor, lortab, darvocet, and a few more that I can't even remember. I about to try Cymbalta next.
  9. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

Welcome to the board! I had a similar problem in my right thigh. Burning, stabbing, wake you up at night pain.

I saw a neurologist about it and he determined it was nerve damage for me. Basically told me he doesn't know what caused it and I'll just have to wait for the nerve to regrow and then the pain should stop?? He said it takes about a month for a centimeter of nerve to regrow. Lovely right? Oh, well.

Don't know if it's the same problem for you but you might ask about it.

Jen
  10. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Please hang around and let us know about you...everyone helps...each has their own advice and personality. thank gosh for all of you people...Jana