Newbie here!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by piebear, Oct 21, 2005.

1. piebear

piebear New Member

Hi there!
    I've been lurking and posting here for a few days but wanted to just stop and introduce myself. I was just diagnosed two weeks ago so I'm a bit new at all this. Still working things out and what not. I have been researching like crazy though so I am learning fast. I love this site and everyone is so friendly and wonderful! Such a nice thing to have when you have an illness like this. And its so nice to be around people that are going through the same thing. So if you want to read more about me you can look at my profile.
    God Bless! =)
  2. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

I am fairly new to the site as well.

I am so amazed at what some peole are going through and totally over awed by the amount of medication that everyone is taking. The cost of which I am sure should be paying for greater research into the condition.

Having read lots of the information on the site, I came to the conclusion that I have had the condition all my life and not just for three years as I first thought.

That has helped me fit all the odd bits of the jigsaw together and I am beginning to have a better understanding of me. ( self centred I know).

The people using the site are really supportive and always have lots of warmth and care to share.

Talk to you on some other thread.
    take care

Sandy
  3. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Hi Piebear! I loved My Little Ponies. Do you have the ones that McDonalds gave away about 8 years ago? Those are the only ones I still have... the rest were in my childhood. I remember how they smelled brand new on Christmas, like fresh rubber and baby powder.

Welcome to the board!
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

welcome to the board. lots of great information here. take care ~hugs~
  5. piebear

piebear New Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. =)
    And Jennypee, I do have those McDonalds ones plus the new ones they brought out last year. And yea it was the best getting ponies brand new at Christmas time. Its not the same with the new ones although its great to be able to buy ponies in stores again. =D
  6. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Hi -

Nice to meet cha! I'm still new too but I have found so much useful info here. Also many people welcomed me and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

Kathi
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

had a bear pie or offered a pie to a bear, but I like your nic! Very cute.
    Welcome, welcome, welcome to you and all the new kids on the block. I wish we were welcoming you to a long distance running board or something though. BUT, we all try and we all seem to get by and some do better than others, some are just starting symptoms and some have progressed (in this NONprogressive set of dds) to become severe..that's me.

I've definitely had this most of my life (57 now) probably since I had Polio at around age 3. But it was no fun but tolerable until several years ago and then BOOM it wasn't any more.
    I'm sure my deep pain at losing my mother in 1997 had something to do with it, though I was pretty severe
    for a year or so before we found out she was ill. She only lived 21 days after her diagnosis of cancer in the ER, thinking she was having a gall bladder attack. So it WAS a huge shock and no time to even begin to adjust to the cancer before she was gone..for her or me.

My daughter is 33, just turned, and hers became severe within the last two or three years also. She's married and trying to hold on for at
    least three years with her job to reach her pension requirement. Time will tell but it's getting harder and harder for her.

SO, keep coming back and learn all you can, verify everything through research on the web, through your doctor, medical journals if you can get them (try Ebay) and of course the people here. Eventually you will find something that you want to try and even more eventually you will find what works for you. It's not a real popular site here I don't think but check with the Quack Watch website on
    things as you go also. Sometimes they are right on the mark about things and sometimes not..but just another source. Good luck! hugs, Bambi
  8. elsa

elsa New Member

I think you'll really like it here. The members are very supportive and generous with sharing any information they may have.

You may end up knowing more about CFS/FM then your doctor! That's O.K. though .... I ended up that way and was lucky to have doctors happy to work with me.

It will take a while, but you'll find the right combination of things that will help you live with this illness. In the mean time, you always have this board for support and encouragement.

Nice to meet you and welcome......

Elsa
  9. piebear

piebear New Member

Bambi, LOL! Piebear is actually one of my husbands nicknames for me. I have no idea where it came from but he always comes up with these unique names for me. Awwwww...hehe =D