Newbie Here,,,,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BrennaBear, Aug 23, 2006.

1. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

Hello ,,,,I have been reading the posts here for several weeks but have never posted myself.

I have FMS,CFS, Peripheral Neuropathy,Obstructive Sleep Apnea (am on a CPAP Machine)OsteoArthritis,Depression, Severe Allergies,Asthma, Degenerative Disk Disease,,,etc,,,etc...lol,,,the list goes on and on,,,,

I am a former healthcare worker. I have been on disabilty for 5 1/2 years. I am now 49 years old. I have learned to manage my illness instead of it managing me!(Most days anyway,,,lol)

Have a great day,,,painfree as possible!
    BrennaBear
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Lots of nice people here w/ info, stories, jokes, recipes, etc. to share.

How did you pick your name?
  3. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Welcome to the board!

Kat
  4. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Welcome to the board. You will love it here. As you probably already know there is a lot of good information on this board. And a lot of fun too.

Hugs,

Jodi
  5. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

for the nice WELCOME,,,,

BTW rockgor,,,,you ask how I picked my name,,,WELL my nickname is Brenna and I am grouchy as a Bear ,,,lol,,NOT REALLY! I collect all kinds of Bears. Teddy Bears,ceramic bears,paintings of bears,,,so hence the nickname "BrennaBear"

Now may I ask "how did you pick your nickname????"

Brenna

PS,,,My goodness,,this board moves soooooo fast!

6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Welcome. You do have a lot to cope with. I'm sure you will find caring support here as well as lots of info. There are many former health care workers here. I'm a former nursing teacher, now on disability.

Kathy
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Glad you found us. Hope you enjoy the website.
  8. caperkat

caperkat New Member

... to the board. I still feel new myself. You mentioned your name is a combination of your name & your 'bear' collecting. Mine is made up of my cat's name, caper, and mine kathy.

kat
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello nice to meet you!! Welcome to (the keep you sane msg. board) is what i like to call it!!lollol..............................We sound alike as far as The type of work,, Age,, What you said about the fact that you have learned to manage the illnesses !..........................Sydney
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

my name is Rock and I collect gors. Haha

Actually it's two names put together. Rockne and Gordon. I don't know if the computer did it or the server. Maybe Gordon did it.

In any case Rockgor smells as sweet as Gorrock, I suppose.

Collections are always fun. Or to put it another way, most collectors are crazy. I read in the paper about a farmer in Minnesota who collects old machinery and buildings.

You know, an old one-room schoolhouse, a 90 year old tractor, etc. You'd have to own a farm to be able to keep a collection like that.

11. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

I am trying to keep up with the posts but this board moves so very FAST! lol

The CFS is hitting hard and heavy today,,,but just wanted to stop in and wish you all a great Sunday!

Brenna
  12. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am also new to the board. I have been amazed at how friendly everyone has been and how many people actually replied. I hope you find the same and I am sure you will. I like your attitude about your illness. Welcome.

Nancy
  13. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Welcome..I am glad that you found us..Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Tami
  14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello BrennaBear and Welcome to the board!
  15. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

for all your nice WELCOMES!!!!

Hope each of you are having a good day (painfree as possible!)

My middle toe is screaming in pain today,,,lol,,,just another one of the joys of having good ol fibro. You never know where the pains are going to be the worst!

On a better note,,,the weather is cool today. yeeeeeeeeah!!!

Need to get up and clean house (a bit)Take care,,,,

Brenna
  16. BrennaBear

BrennaBear New Member

Just bumping up for ya to see,,,,,