newbie here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovenmyliltoad, Aug 24, 2003.

1. lovenmyliltoad

lovenmyliltoad New Member

Hi...I've been reading for a bit. I was recently diagnosed with fibro after years of being told its in my head.I am married to my high school swwetheart for three years now and we have a gorgeous six month old baby boy! Benjamin is the love of my life but some days, I'm in so much pain its hard to care for him.

As far as treatment, I have pain meds and I walk and I'm working up to being able to do yoga (I did ten minutes today!!!) I'm working on eliminating the wheat from my diet. I also have other food allergies which make it difficult for me. I'm also seeing a deitition to look for deficencies and a PT next week.

I have a couple questions. I find stress causes my pain to be worse...has anyone else found this to be true? Also, Has anyone tried a whole food diet with mostly raw foods? I'm so desperate for relief!

I look forward to communicating with you! Thanks In advance for your replies.
  2. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

Goodness YES stress makes fibro worse. My life is quite stressful at the moment and my symptoms are screaming like crazy at me these days. It's very important to have something in your life that gives you stress relief...be it bubble baths, meditation, sitting in a park or garden, yoga...whatever makes you happy and works for you.

I'm actually going to start a raw food diet soon. I'm doing a lot of research and have high hopes that this diet will help me get my life back! If I were you I'd look into that diet a lot and see if you have the faith in it that I have. I notice that I have been feeling a bit better since trying very hard to put a lot more raw fruits and veggies in my diet. A very small step towards that lifestyle/diet change but a step in the right direction!

Congrats on Benjamin (I've always loved that name). I know he must cause your body to go crazy. I was a nanny and I know how very hard it can be to care for a baby when your body is so weak and sick. Welcome again. I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I have.
  3. aaron19

aaron19 New Member

Yes stress definitely makes the pain worse here too.. Didn't realize it at first but if I get really pissed off or I'm cryin over this I feel the pain more intensely.

And you probably were already told this but its good to stay away from sugar,caffeine and cow milk with fibro.

----Aaron----
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

It's nice to meet you. We have some things in common - I too married my high school sweetheart. We just celebrated 32 years of marriage! I met him when I was 15 and got married at 20! My son (who just turned 25) is also the love of my life! Congratulations on the birth of your son!

As far as food goes, the more natural foods you eat the better. Try to stay away from processed foods. If you can, eat organic fish, chicken and meat. And you'll also find you'll feel better if you cut out white flour, sugar, white rice, from your diet. I try to eat fresh fruit and vegetables, along with fish and chicken. I'm trying to cut out red meat since my cholesterol has gotten too high. A lot of people here find the Atkins diet, or Suzanne Somers diets, to be the best. I don't follow any particular diet - I just try to eat more protein and keep the carbs down. A lot of people with FMS have hypoglycemia and need to stay off sugar and eat low-carb. I hope this helps you!

Annette2
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our world. Glad you decided to join us.

As you see we all agree on the subject of stress and FM. It is truly one of our worst enemies.

Try and cut as much stress out of your life as possible. Be it things, people or whatever it is that bothers you.

Cutting out the white flour is a great idea also. Don't forget the artifical sweetners, and sodas too.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

6. lovenmyliltoad

are they safe while nursing? I've cut out the wheat but I'm still doing alot of oatmeal and the like? But I thought you couldn't low carb while nursing???
  7. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

We have a huge organic garden and we eat like kings all summer long, with 3-4 types of lightly steamed vegetables for dinner every day. I also do a lot of canning, so we have our own produce through the winter months, too. Also, living in Oregon, my husband goes hunting every year and fishing fairly often. We have an elk and a deer in our freezer every year - no hormones or antibiotics. I only rarely eat any processed foods, never eat anything with wheat in it, try to eat a high protein low carb diet. It has been a real help to me. When I did the cabbage soup diet (very low protein and mostly fruits and vegetables), it was good for cleaning out my system, but I felt very weak after a few days and even weaker after the full week. I've done much better since I began eating protein at every meal. One of my favorite lunches is half a baked chicken and a bag of fresh raw veggies. Filling, tasty, and good for you.

I have two boys myself, and the love continues to grow with every passing day. You have so much joy ahead!
  8. lovenmyliltoad

Does anyone know??? With all the bad press adkins and the like get, its hard to know what's true and what isn't
  9. pixipip

pixipip New Member

Hope you get to like it here, it's great!

stress makes my fibro much worse too, I've tried the mostly raw stuff diet, it did bring some relief but found it too hard to stick to.

Love & Light,
    Jacqui.