Newbie in the house...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azbubba, Jun 6, 2006.

1. azbubba

azbubba New Member

Hi there. I've been reading posts for a while, and it seems like most of the folks here are regulars, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Friends have been known to call me Bubba. But anyhoo, about 1 yr ago I started to feel very fatigued. Thought that maybe I was just out of shape because I got fat, so I got a mountain bike and started biking every day. Before too long, I got so fatigued I started missing work.

This puzzled me because I used to have to get back into shape before, but I was never this wore out. Finally, I got to the point where I couldn't even work, much less exercise, and I ended up taking three months off last year.

While this was going on, I started going to doctors, who noticed that my white blood cell count was up somewhat. However, after all the tests, including bone marrow biopsy, more blood workups than I can count, tagged white blood cell test, CT scans of everything, they didn't know what to tell me...which brings me to today. I had my second visit to the rheumatologist, where I got the dx as FM.

So, long story short, here are my symptoms. Various aches and pains, 8 of 18 on that pressure test thingy they do, a LOT of fatigue and depression.

Like I said, just thought I'd poke my head out and say hi. Thanks for listening.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You've come to the right place...you'll find just about anything you need here, friends, compassion and support.

Just in case you're wondering, you're not the only male here either.

I'm sorry you have to be here, but welcome to the board.

Nancy B.
  3. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Just kidding!! Yes, you will find lots of supportive people here, I am fairly new here myself.

Hope you feel better soon!

Dawn
  4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Welcome Azbubba
    You will love the board and all the nice people and support!
    Hope you are soon feeling better!
    Hugs Shirley
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. There are some of us guys here, but most don't post too often.

Lots of friendly people here w/ tips, info, jokes, receipes, and pictures of pets, grandkids, etc.
  6. blossom1

blossom1 New Member

I only joined yesterday myself, and have been pleasantly surprised by the replies I recieved to my first message. There does appear to be many good people out there ready to offer support. Yesterday I felt totally alone, today I don't. I am an old hand at living with fibro, pacing your self and not over doing things help, the problem I have found is convincing others of your limitations especially the medics.
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Sorry to hear about your dx but welcome to the group? club? I am not sure exactly what we are but welcome anyways :) !
  8. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

I hope being here helps,there are some days when I feel that this family are the only ones who care in the world and seem to be a wonderful group of people.
    Take Care,
    Mary
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you found us. This website has been a God send for me.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]