Newbie needs help interpreting HHV-6 results and on Famvir

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lyonsden10, Sep 3, 2012.

1. lyonsden10

lyonsden10 New Member

My doc just put me on Famvir as she said my HHV-6 is reactivated, but from what I've read online, I'm confused about whether that is the case. I was tested using Em Pepper labs.

Here is result:
    3.14 AU/ML
    IgG positive at titer 1:160
    they tested a 2 fold dilution from 1:20 to 1:640

I don't understand what that all means and cannot find anywhere that explains this in simple language online.

Also, she put me on Famvir and I am having tight breathing even from 1/4 of a mini dose. She said Valtrex won't work as well and I'll need much more. Famvir has lactose in it and I think that may be the problem. Does anyone have experience with this?

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi lyonsden,

I wish you the best in getting control of your HHV-6.

You may be a person who is most comfortable using prescription drugs.
    In case you are a more alternative-y person, who might be sensitive to prescription drugs, I want to suggest Virastop and Lauricidin. They are natural antivirals that work well on some people. They work great on me.

I think there are lots of reports of people's experiences with Famvir in the older threads of this forum. Try searching the past threads!

3. lyonsden10

lyonsden10 New Member

Thanks. I did try Lauricidin a year or so ago with no results. I'll look at Virastop.

I appreciate your suggestions.
  4. deserella

deserella Member

I found the hhv-6 foundation to be a really helpful website. I took valcyte a few years ago for my high hhv-6 levels. I had lots of questions, so emailed them and they were helpful. Maybe they will have some answers for you. Good Luck!
  5. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

olive leaf extract for Herpes family viruses. I personally have not taken it but I know Jamin recommends it for viral infections as well as some doctors.
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I tried to take Famvir a few years ago for shingles but had an allergic reaction to 1/4 of a dose.
    I had a large red swollen place on the top of my leg, just above the knee. It was about the size of a large lemon. The doctor told me not to take any more and that I would be allergic to the other antivirals also.

I didn't take any more and did get over the shingles in a couple of weeks with no after effects. I had a mild case but it was bad enough!