Newbie...Please Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missconduct010, Sep 13, 2002.

1. missconduct010

missconduct010 New Member

When I was about 15 I was diagnosed with CFS. I've had a pretty rough childhood, and I really can't remember any of it. I don't remember the symptoms or even when I started feeling better.
    I'm now 24 and I "think" it may be back. For the past 6 months I've had serious low back pain, neck pain, pain in my shoulders, muscle pain, fatigue (which I really don't even notice, I've discovered coffee :)and nausea. For my low back pain, my dr. has done x-ray, mri, and ultrasound (to rule out any female problems) everything came back fine. I mentioned to him that I had CFS in the past and wondered if it could be flaring up again. And he laughed at me! I supposed he's one of those people that think this is an in-your-head thing. I'm in the process of finding a new dr. but in order to switch I need to wait for the 1st of Nov. Is there any dr.'s that specialize in this field? I really feel terrible, this has been pretty serious for about 6-7 months now.

O.K for my questions.... Do any of my symptoms sound like CFS to you? Does anyone have this type of pain? What do you do for it? PLEASE!! tell me your stories, like, when you found out you had it, how you cope? I have no one else to turn to, I would really appreciate it. I really need some help, I'm tired of crying, I'm tired of hurting, and I just wanna be normal...lol..
    Thanks for listening I look forward to reading your responses
    Ann Marie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2002]
  2. missconduct010

When I was about 15 I was diagnosed with CFS. I've had a pretty rough childhood, and I really can't remember any of it. I don't remember the symptoms or even when I started feeling better.
    I'm now 24 and I "think" it may be back. For the past 6 months I've had serious low back pain, neck pain, pain in my shoulders, muscle pain, fatigue (which I really don't even notice, I've discovered coffee :)and nausea. For my low back pain, my dr. has done x-ray, mri, and ultrasound (to rule out any female problems) everything came back fine. I mentioned to him that I had CFS in the past and wondered if it could be flaring up again. And he laughed at me! I supposed he's one of those people that think this is an in-your-head thing. I'm in the process of finding a new dr. but in order to switch I need to wait for the 1st of Nov. Is there any dr.'s that specialize in this field? I really feel terrible, this has been pretty serious for about 6-7 months now.

O.K for my questions.... Do any of my symptoms sound like CFS to you? Does anyone have this type of pain? What do you do for it? PLEASE!! tell me your stories, like, when you found out you had it, how you cope? I have no one else to turn to, I would really appreciate it. I really need some help, I'm tired of crying, I'm tired of hurting, and I just wanna be normal...lol..
    Thanks for listening I look forward to reading your responses
    Ann Marie
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

You have several symptoms. Muscle pain, fatigue, neck pain, shoulder pain. You probably even have symptoms of FMS that you don't realize are even part of it. You should look at the list of symptoms that's easily found on this site and other sites. You can get a letter to people that don't have FMS on Fibrohugs.com, you'll have to cut and paste that and join MSN groups to get it, but it's free. Remember your password.

This is a good place to come for support, maybe not as active on the weekend, we'll see. But, lots of action during the week. Read all the posts as they will enlighten you.

Welcome aboard. dolsgirl
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

we found ours there. It's the co-cure good doctors list. Also, If you post a topic with the city and state there mabe someone that lives near you here that can give you the name or names of ones they see. Be your own advocate and don't get upset if you run into some jerks. Write a list of all your symtoms no matter how insignificant you may feel they are or that only pop up now and then. Get copies of all your test results and files and always keep them. Give copies to docs. Keep adiary daily with how you feel when something starts or stops or just keeps on going. If it is less or more. Use a 0-10 scale 10 being the worst. Docs relate to this. The research on this board is the best you'll find. Use the search function to help you and check on the symtoms lists many different docs have.

Take care and keep calm, Kim and Gary
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Dolsgirl & Kim and Gary gave you some great info already. Yes, do lots of research...you can do a search messages (at the top here) for a particular symptom you're having. It'll pull up all the posts with that word. Pace yourself...I found so much info I started getting really confused (foggy) at first, but then I found out that's called fibrofog!

Take hope from people that have been where you're at and have improved the quality of their lives. Know that you're not crazy, & you're not alone. Take care. Michele
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Ann Marie, welcome to the board. Here is a direct link to the good doctors list; http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm

If their is not one on this list just make a new post listing your state, and one of the members here will be gald to share what information they personally have.

I have Fibro, so will let those with CFS answer your questions for you.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. ladydi

ladydi New Member

HEY SWEETIE,

I'VE READ ALL OF THE SUPPORT POST YOU HAVE
    BEEN GIVEN. YOU SHOULD BE INCOURAGED TO KNOW
    THAT YOU WILL SOON FIND COMFORT ON THIS BOARD.

IT DOESN'T HURT YOU TO CRY. I THINK WE HAVE
    ALL BEEN THERE.

CAN YOU GET DOCUMENTATION OF THE DOCTOR WHO
    SAID YOU HAD "CFS". THIS MAY BE A FACTOR IN
    CHOOSING ANOTHER DOCTOR.

I AGREE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE AN ELEMENT
    FM.
    I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS TODAY. LADYDI
  8. missconduct010

Thank you all so much for taking the time to review my post and adding in all the helpful info. Monday morning I will be calling Dr. Bellesorte of Glen Mills Pennsylvania. This site has it all!! My old dr. who diagnosed me with CFS died in 98, so I'll have to do some hunting for that. My symptoms sorta fit this and that of both CFS and FM. One of my biggest problems is the wondering, what's wrong with me? Hopefully I will soon know and that will be one step behind me. Thank you all again for your help, and if there is anything else you think I should no....I'll be listening.
    Thanks
    Ann Marie
  9. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

you. Doctor Steven Katz in Plymouth Meeting ( he's on the list ) we and others around this area here have found him to be of great help. He's about 20 mins from us. If you want to know more about him we posted about FMS/CFS doc in Philadelphia area. You can also ask Rach here she also goes to him. Or if you have any Q's we'd be happy to answer any.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2002]
  10. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I have fms and cfs and a daughter 13 diagnosed with fms. My heart goes out to you. It kills me to see my daughter suffer and I hate the fact that it was probably my genes that got her in this shape to begin with.

First and formost you need a doctor whom believes in cfs and fms and get the support and medical care you need.

You have come to the right place. there are a lot of articles on this site to help you and plenty of shoulders to cry on so you do not have to be alone.

hang in there

cathy aka griswoldgirl
  11. Egraine

Egraine New Member

i went thru the same thing with a doctor. i asked for a referral and was asked what i needed it for, since i already got pain pills and muscle relaxers, why did i need to be diagnosed? then this same broad said that i MIGHT have fibro but that there was no such thing as CFS! needless to say i got my referral by threatening to go above her head and that was the last i ever sw of her!
    anyhow, a good book for signs and symptoms, many of which i didn't even know were symptoms of either fibro or CFS is "from fatigued to fantastic" by Jacob Teitelbaum md. he has been thru it as well, so he knows whereof he speaks. for instance i cannot go anywhere without something to drink, this is a symptom that i didn't even know. sinus, ear and uti's are also common problems. and for some ibs is also a problem. they have an entire questionnaire to tell u if u hav these diseases and regular as well as herbal "cures." welcome aboard!
  12. robin

robin New Member

hi egraine....thanks for the tip. I shall
    read the book when I find it as part of my
    attempt to rid myself of candida and I wonder
    why nobody told me I may have it! Drs called it
    UTI's and didn't know why we couldn't get rid of
    it I have been blaming fibro and that may not
    help but I wonder if we're treating the right
    problem in me! Must make an appt with gyn I guess.
    So glad I looked into this more intensely.

robin
  13. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

~ Read my post in " Candida die-off Help" Thread- a note to you there. I sure hope you find answers soon. I mainly had to diagnose myself- by comparing symtoms...go on google search on internet, looking up "candidiasis". I found the org curezone Very helpful !
    Fibromiester