Newbie with questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnysmile, Jun 21, 2006.

1. sunnysmile

sunnysmile New Member

I haven't been formally diagnosed with FM, however, my mother, grandmother and an aunt all have. I understand that it is hereditary. I have been researching FM and I do have pain in many of the trigger point areas. Not all areas all the time. Most recently, my upper forearm up to my lower upperarm on the side closest to my body has just been hurting sooooooo bad. It feels like I have a bad burn. Is this a common thing in FM, or is it mainly muscular pain? I haven't gone to the doctor, because I figure they will want to do tons of tests (waste of money) and there isn't really anything they can do for me is there? I've been taking tylenol or advil with not great results. My skin hurts...I think this is weird, but if it's common to FM, then maybe I won't worry so much. Any ideas? Thanks...
  2. sunnysmile

sunnysmile New Member

Thanks for your reply. Is MPS connected to FM all the time, or is it a completely separate syndrome? I will have to research that some more. Thanks again.
  3. sunnysmile

sunnysmile New Member

Does anyone else have these symptoms?
  4. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Only at the bottom of my neck.It's so tender I can't touch it.Just one of the many joys(NOT) of fibro and they can change spots.
    Good luck & hugs,
    Mary
  5. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

shanak10,

Go away please. No one is going to buy your products.
  6. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

from the natural supplement pusher. I thought posting one's e-mail address on this site is forbidden. I am happy that the people who find the alternative, supplements work for them, but please stop pushing your crap.

TxSongBird
  7. sunnysmile

sunnysmile New Member

I guess I missed the vitamin pusher and the post is removed. Thanks for helping me sort out the bad from the good...I wouldn't have known any better since I'm so new to this. After four days of excrutiating pain, the sunburn feeling is mostly gone. I have wondered if it is helped by getting more sleep and rest. I've been taking it easy and also sleeping for 10 hours the last two nights. The last two days have showed the most improvement. Have any of you experienced more sleep helping your pain?
  8. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

I get that in my arms, especially my right inner wrist area. Wearing bracelets hurts and I can't wear watches with straps only slip ons. It comes and goes, another joy of this DD.