Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Glasgowgirl, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Glasgowgirl

Glasgowgirl New Member

Hi everyone!
    Im new here so just thought id put up a post to say hello.
    Im 28 and come from (surprisingly enough with my username!) Glasgow in the UK. I have had CFS and FM for 5yrs now and it started just after i graduated uni (thank god not before!). Hope to get to know everyone soon.
    xx
  2. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I am also 28 years old. I was a RN for three years after I graduated, but became Ill a year ago and can no longer work either. I think you will find a lot of support and many friends here!
    It is still strange to me to think I am talking to someone who is so far away, but in some ways so much alike! You will also find a plethora of knowledge from those on this board! So welcome! Sorry you have to be here, but happy you found us! and we found you! Love,Joy
  3. Glasgowgirl

Glasgowgirl New Member

Thanx. I just recently got my computer and found this site, im glad that i did. It is great to talk to people who know what ur going through.
  4. dbhughes

dbhughes New Member

Hello,
    I am Delphine, I live in the UK in the south, I am also new to the site, I have been ill for 14 years now, it is not much fun but this site is very good and helpful
    Nice to hear from you again soon
    Love Delphine
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm in Canada but have memories of a wonderful visit to Glasgow a number of years ago.
    This is a great place with lots of caring people. You will learn a lot and hopefully find things to help yourself.
    It's good to meet you.

Kathy.

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm from Falkirk, had symptoms of CFS throughout uni - Strathclyde - (mature student) then diagnosed with it in late 94, managed to hold onto my job til 97 and have been incapacitated since. Have fibro too.

Sorry to hear you had to give up your career, it is so sad.

I have a good doctor, who admitted he knows nothing of this illness but is always willing to listen to me and read any literature on it I take to him. Do you have a good doctor in Glasgow?

This is a great board, loads of info and kind people who give support.

Be sure to put Tansy and Mikie in the search bracket - then change the Title to Username and you will find all kinds of information as they are our two most active researchers. Elsa too has loads of info.

My daughter has CFS/Fibro too since 15, she's 29 now but managed to get her degree 5 years ago, just finishing masters in social work and hoping to start work in January. She's managing to have a life though its a struggle so we're hoping it will continue.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2005]