Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SFITZ, Apr 22, 2003.

1. SFITZ

SFITZ New Member

HI, IM NEW TO THE BOARD BUT NOT TO FIBRO, I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THERE FEET HURTING. MINE ARE SO SORE THEY HURT TO WALK ON SOME DAYS CAN'T STAND SOCKS, FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ALL BUNCHED UP. HAVE TO SLEEP WITH MY FEET OUT SO THE COVERS DON'T TOUCH. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROUBLE AND WHAT DO YOU DO, PLEASE HELP.
    GENTEL HUGS SANDIE
  2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Welcome....I know you'll find some great people one this board who not only give lots of great info, but very supportive.

The only problem I have with my feet is in the morning. I dread them touching the floor...pain...pain...pain. Otherwise not much problem with them being sensitive. Hope you find some answers.

Again WELCOME,
    Tammy
  3. robin

robin New Member

hI AND WELCOME. Have you had your feet checked for
    neuropathy? Usually comes with diabetics but I have
    read it can come with other ailments too.
    Ask a doctor; your symptoms are similar to a start
    of it BUT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE IT. See a foot
    doctor and ask. Then let us know? We like updates
    on folks off the board :>)

Robin
    Bobbinrobin41@aol.com
  4. Bacci

Bacci New Member

I don't have the sore feet thing although I know quite a few that do suffer from it. As a physical therapist I use to treat a number of people with various foot ailments in the hospital. One thing you might consider is putting an elevated metal rod at the foot of your bed to keep the covers from touching your feet during the night (the covers go over the horizontal rod about eight to twelve inches above your feet). My brain fog is preventing me from remembering the technical name but I am sure they would have it at medical supply stores or you may be able to reach a hospital-based PT to ask them about what it is and where to find it. Hope it helps.
    Bacci
  5. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I just wanted to say Welcome to the Board--so glad you found us!
    Yes, my feet give me problems, too...the bottom of them hurt when I walk, like I have stone bruises. I am laughing at you sleeping with your feet out from under the covers...I do that too!

Hope to hear more from you--I have been up a little too long..and need some R&R--laying down for a bit.

Nice to meet you,
    LL
  6. Antenbunny

Antenbunny New Member

Hi, I've had fibro for about 10 years. I have problems with my feet a lot. They ache a good deal. I have a lot of pain when I stand up and start to walk, they kill me. If I am on my feet for any amount of time the ache.
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you have joined our board.

My feet used to hurt very bad, I would hang on to walls to get from the bed to the bathroom in the morning, and could not stand a cover on them either. They would swell up over night and hurt like heck.

Since I have started taking Magnesium and drinking half my body weight in water a day, I don't have any problems with my feet anymore. I can even wear my high heel shoes now.

I also had bone spurs, and the pad of my foot (right behind the toes) used to be as red as fire in the mornings, thats all gone now.

HOpe you find something to help yours, this had been the first time in my life I had my feet hurt.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

PS Antenbunny, I was just watching a wild Bunny in my yard eating birdseed! LIke your name.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2003]
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So good to see you posting again, missed you around here!

Shalom! Shirl
  9. bejo

bejo New Member

Welcome.My feet are very sore to walk on.I was thinking last winter that I never take a step anymore without them being sore.But I don't have a problem wearing socks and covers don't make them hurt.(((((hugs))))) bejo