Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by a_lifer, Aug 26, 2003.

1. a_lifer

a_lifer New Member

Hello!
    I am very glad to have been pushed by a ,loved one to join this board. Iwas diagnosed with Fibromyalgia four years ago after a zillion tests to rule other things out. The doctor was not very participatory in ym illness, just gave me meds and sent me on my way. I never pushed the issue or tried to learn more until recently. I think I was in denial and trying to pretend I could not be a young woman with something wrong with me. Anyway... I moved a year ago and my docot does not "believe" in fibro. I have been doing worse lately and therefore need a new docotr. I am having problems finding a doctor who knows about fibro (or at least believes in it). I live in Connecticut and would be appreciative for any help if anyone knows of doctors in this area!
    Thank you!
    CAN'T WAIT TO GO READ MORE!!!!!!!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Glad you friend sent you here! We do have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this page, they are listed by states. HOpefully you can find one in your area. Also you can call the; FM Network at; 1-800-853-2929 for a referral.

You have a lot to READ here! Do try our 'Home' page and the 'Library' links at the top of this page too, lots of the latest information on these illnesses.

Again welcome to the board, and give your friend a hug for directing you here!

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2003]
  3. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Welcome aboard!!!
    I can't help you with the doctor thing cause I am on the west coast. I did want to welcome you and incourage you to utilize the many assets this site has to offer. Don't be shy and once again welcome to our "FM"ily
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Welcome aboard. No doc help for u I'm in Texas. This is a great message board, I'm on about an hour each evening there is so much info.
  5. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

The people and wealth of information here are wonderful! All the best in your quest for better health! :)

Cheryll
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so glad you joined us. Its our own little world here. I`ve had Fm at least 15 yrs, probably my whole life. Its not easy and I was in denial a long time too. My Fm was bad always but I managed it ok for the first ten years. It has gotten so severe the last 5 years, I have every symptom in the book and then some. Its hard to live with all this but this board makes all the difference in the world. I`ve learned so much and you will too.

There`s a great, caring bunch of people here. They are always willing to help any way they can.

I`m looking forward to getting to know you more.