Newbies here!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AppleDumplin, Mar 13, 2003.

1. AppleDumplin

AppleDumplin New Member

Hi Everyone! My husband stumbled on this website while searching for information on Fibro / CFS. He has been in pain for several years. After doctor, after doctor, after doctor...we finally found someone that actually wants to help. He was diagnosed with Fibro 2 weeks ago. We had done alot of research on it and pretty much self diagnosed him ourselves. From what he and I have both read, it seems that everyone has the same problems with pain, depression, and finding a doctor who will actually believe there is a problem! For me as a spouse to someone with this horrible illness, it's so hard to know what to do. When you love someone, it's so hard to see them in so much pain all the time. The mood swings that come with this are hard to handle too. I hope that by us both coming to this site, reading and talking with you all, we can both get a better understanding of this illness. I don't know how much posting he will do, he thinks he is the only man with it. :) My hope for him and all of you is a cure for this! Till then, one day at a time and always..look up^! Take care...
  2. AppleDumplin

AppleDumplin New Member

Sorry, just bumping it back up. I wanted to see if anyone else is in the same situation, being the spouse.
  3. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

it's got great information. Your husband is definitely not the only guy with fibro. There are several that post on this board. If your posts sometimes go unanswered, don't be hurt by this, sometimes they get overlooked and the board moves so fast that it can move to the 2nd or 3rd pages rather quickly and then they get forgotten. Just bump it back up if you need to.
    Welcome to the board.
    Brenda
  4. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

You might want to title a post for the men on this board. You might get more responses.
  5. teawah

teawah New Member

I am glad that you are taking such an interest in your husbands illness!! It is very important to us to have someone on our sides as so often times we are treated with cold indifference and looked down upon as junkies and hypochondriacs. As hard as we are to live with sometimes, can you imagine living in our skin? GENTLY hug your husband often so he knows how much you support and care for him. It will make alot of difference.
    Welcome home. teawah
  6. AppleDumplin

AppleDumplin New Member

Thanks for the responses. It's good to know we are not alone with this but at the same time, it's sad that so many people suffer from this disease. I discovered the chat this morning so we will visit there often for information too. I'm sure I will have more questions so I look forward to hearing from you all..(((((((((hugs))))))))
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We do have men here who are great contributors to our board. I hope you both feel very comfortable here. This is a great source of support and information.

Love, Mikie
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, a big welcome to our world. Your husband is far from the only man on this board. We have quite a few and they are great at helping us out too.

Glad you are such a great support to your husband, my husband is also a wonder with me!

He has said many times that it is so hard to just watch me in all this pain, and is unable to really help.
    It makes caregivers feel so helpless.

Good to hear from you, and hope your husband decides to post himself too.

Again, welcome!

Shalom, Shirl

9. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

I do so understand your problem as a spouse. Even though I am not a spouse but the one with CFS and FM, I can only try and help you understand what you are dealing with. My mood swings are most assuredly caused from the pain and no sleeping. The pain sometimes reminds me of knives going through you and I also have the creep crawly feelings and the fatigue is something you will never imagine unless you feel it sometime in your life, which God forbid that!

All you can do is love him, be there when he needs you, do not intrude into his space on his dealings with it, and more or less follow his leads. This will tell you what to do.

I feel for my husband very much, but he told me, "I married you for better or worse and everyday when I awake I just keep hoping for the better." This is really all you can do except to rest in God's love for us, and try and derive peace from Him.

Hope this helps.