NEWCOMER TO CHAT NOT TO ALZHIEMERS

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by MAGGIE, Sep 12, 2002.

1. MAGGIE

MAGGIE New Member

HI EVERYONE, I AM SO GLAD TO FIND SOMEONE GOING THROUGH THIS TERIBLE THING. MY MOTHER WHO IS 83 IS IN LEVEL ONE CARE AT AN ASSISTED LIVING/NURSING HOME. SHE CALLS ME ALL THE TIME WANTING TO COME AND LIVE WITH ME. SHE HAS NO HOME SHE SAYS. SHE PLEADS AND BEGS FOR ME TO COME AND GET HER. THE ASSISTED LIVING HOME SHE IS IN IS WONDERFUL. THEY ARE GREAT TO HER AND ARE REALLY CARING SO I KNOW IT IS NOT SOMETHING THERE. I WENT TO A SUPPORT GROUP AND GOT A BOOK THAT REALLY HELPS. I WOULD LIKE TO BRING HER HOME WITH ME TO LIVE BUT I NEED TO GET SOME IDEAS FROM OTHERS AS TO WHAT I WOULD BE IN FOR OR WOULD I BE BETTER OFF LEAVING HER IN ASSISTED LIVING.
    MAGGIE
  2. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Although it's going to be the hardest thing you think you'll ever have to do, I suggest leaving her in the assisted care facility. We had my mother in one for almost 2 years. She passed away on Dec 10th 2001. She was only 65 when she passed away. She begged to come "home" for the first year. We just kept reassuring her that she was home, that she was being well taken care of. She soon adapted better than my sister or I would have thought. The road down this horrible disease is a hard one, with curves that only get harder. I don't regret a single moment of our decison placing her there. She got the best, most loving care from these people. It's a huge comfort to me knowing she spent her last years loved by more than she ever thought loved her. I still have a VERY hard time dealing with the fact that she is gone, but one day at a time it will get easier I know. My prayers are with you and your family in this time.
  3. annabanana

annabanana New Member

Maggie,
    I can not tell you how much dis information there is out there, thanks to our corrupt system of gov't, which is entirely financed and controlled by the special interests of big business. For that reason, we should never expect to hear that there are ample ways to cure people of just about every disease known to us, because this would obviously run counter to the financial interests of the chemical/ pharmaceutical giants, and the medical cartels as a whole, which reaps in to the trillions of dollars annually, simply off the fact that they also own and control the media and so control what info we get to hear - or not. If you would like for me to get you started on an education al course to help you understand that we need not suffer from all the ailment so many of us are afflicted with, due entirely to the sinster greed and short sightedness of these drug cartels and their equally sinister and self serving politician/ accomplices, I would be more than happy to send you info to get you on your way. In the mean time I would have the doctors check your mother's Vitamin B12, B6, and Folic Acid levels, as well as her digestive enzyme levels. There is one article I found on the internet about how the International World Health Organization has found an absolute link between low levels of these vits and digestive enzymes and and how once they are restored to to healthful levels, Alzheimers and SOOOOOOO many other diseases are reversed.
    Best of luck. Anna
    (PS) I am kind of new at this whole message board thing, but if you post an e mail address I can contact you at to send you all the info I think you will benefit from greatly, you can then go back to delete it from your reply. So, I will leave it to you to decide and I will check your post for your response - or not.)