Newcommer to the message boards....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissKitty05, Aug 10, 2005.

1. MissKitty05

MissKitty05 New Member

Hello, everyone!

I'm new to the message boards, though I've had CFIDS and Fibro for years, I just never bothered to become a part of this part of Immune support.

I've gotton the emails and interested in the articles they've sent for a while.

I guess this is all a little new to me. I won my Disability case in September of 03, after my house fire in march (or may) of 03.

I'm thankful to the Lord to be alive, and for each and every day I have to be alive.

2. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

Glad you're here (sorry you have fibro though)! You'll find so much information, love and support here!

You have a beautiful baby! What a little doll! She looks so cute and cuddly!

I just wanted to say hi and welcome!!!!

BxGirl
  3. nina2

nina2 New Member

Always glad to meet a newbie. :)

You will be very happy here. I promise.

nina
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hi miss kitty,

glad ou joined you'll find some great support and ideas to try, i just joines i think last week.
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

Gotta say, I love your name. Did you or didn't you with Marshall Dillon?!? ( Be his friend....that is!!)

This is a great place for information and support. You won't find a more compassionate group of people.

I glad you're here with us..!!!!!

Elsa
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I am sure that you will be amazed at the support and the knowledge of the members of this board.

Pepper
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad you decided to join our message board/support group!

What a lovely picture!!! I assume that is a precious grandbaby!!! What a doll!

I'm 54, have 3 adult children, and 2 grandsons, ages 7 & 9.

I'm retired after working for 30 years, and I am on SSDI.

Sorry to hear that you had such a tragedy. One of my greatest fears is that our house would catch on fire with all my children inside asleep. Yes, I imagine that you are thankful to be alive.

I read the comment about your name and Marshall Dillion! I guess we all assume that the name Miss Kitty came about because you are from Galveston???!!!

I know this is a really stupid question, but your bio said you were from "Hills of Kerrville to Galveston Island" ... you ARE talking about by Galveston, Texas, aren't you? That's the only Galveston that I've heard of in the world! It's the "island" part that has me thrown off! Or ... are you not located in or by Texas at all?

Take care,

"The Dummy in Geography!"
    Janet
  8. MissKitty05

MissKitty05 New Member

I like this Jester guy, Laughter is the best medicine for stress. When we are really stressed, if we can put on a funny tape or watch a comedy, or just find something funny about our present situation that can aleviate stress more than anything else I can think of.

I just wrote on "happy granny' about other ways of dealing with stress. One which could be Massage or Chiropractic therapy. If you can find one who does both, even better.
    Massage pillows, (and since you are from the north, heat massage pillows, seats, matts, neck massagers, etc., might be even better.

You may also need 'rest' breaks, which may include just getting out in your yard, or going to a park, or somewhere scenic, where you can get away from what is stressing you.

The B vitamins are anti stress vitamins, and there are many herbals (in the form of teas) which can have a calming effect on the nerves without the fear of them being too strong, or too much for the body to take.

There is also the Amino Acid GABA which is supposed to have the same strength as valium, and then there is Clonazapam, (prescribed by a physician) if necessary.

Juicing (vegetables) helps build the immune system (which can also help you cope with stress)

These are just some ideas I've practiced every day, and they seem most helpful. (or as often as I am able)

Take care, hope you get to feeling 'less stressed"
    ~

9. MissKitty05

MissKitty05 New Member

Thank you for your compassionate reply, and yes, that is my latest grandchild. I have three, and a fourth possibly on the way (we will have an official word on it Friday)

I too have three grown children, two sons and a daughter, each with one child. The youngest is the one expecting their second.

You are right Galveston is part of Texas just As Padre' Island is too, and other islands along the coast of Texas. Galveston is an Island, and my two youngest children are B.O.A. (born on island)

My oldest was born in the Mile High city of Denver Colorado, actually right outside Denver in an old Army hospital there Called Fitzsimmons, in the city of Aurora, Co. Been from the east coast (to almost the west) while hubbie was in the military. I'm no longer married to my children's father, though we were married 23 years.

Yes, the house fire was an awful ordeal, however the Lord saw me through it all. An interesting story, I won't go into in this email.

I've been through a lot, and am thankful to be alive, and doing as well as I am. It was a lot worse in the beginning, though I am still disabled, and not able to go to work, I have been staying w/ my brother during the summer. It's helped me a lot financilly and other ways.

Take care, and thanks for posting a message to welcome me, it's nice to meet people like yourself.

God Bless
    ~Kitty

P.S. Not sure what you mean about the 'miss kitty' being about Galveston. I did think of Marshall Dillon, but I also have a cat which I love. (male)
  10. MissKitty05

MissKitty05 New Member

Thank you for your compassionate reply, and yes, that is my latest grandchild. I have three, and a fourth possibly on the way (we will have an official word on it Friday)

I too have three grown children, two sons and a daughter, each with one child. The youngest is the one expecting their second.

You are right Galveston is part of Texas just As Padre' Island is too, and other islands along the coast of Texas. Galveston is an Island, and my two youngest children are B.O.A. (born on island)

My oldest was born in the Mile High city of Denver Colorado, actually right outside Denver in an old Army hospital there Called Fitzsimmons, in the city of Aurora, Co. Been from the east coast (to almost the west) while hubbie was in the military. I'm no longer married to my children's father, though we were married 23 years.

Yes, the house fire was an awful ordeal, however the Lord saw me through it all. An interesting story, I won't go into in this email.

I've been through a lot, and am thankful to be alive, and doing as well as I am. It was a lot worse in the beginning, though I am still disabled, and not able to go to work, I have been staying w/ my brother during the summer. It's helped me a lot financilly and other ways.

Take care, and thanks for posting a message to welcome me, it's nice to meet people like yourself.

God Bless
    ~Kitty

P.S. Not sure what you mean about the 'miss kitty' being about Galveston. I did think of Marshall Dillon, but I also have a cat which I love. (male)