Newly diagnosed and having a tough time with pain:(

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by BellaChow, Nov 4, 2011.

1. BellaChow

BellaChow New Member

Hey everyone. I just decided to join this forum because I seem to be having a hard time with the diagnosis of fibro. I was so depressed when I was first diagnosed, and then just decided that I am going to do whatever it takes to get the most out of life, and overcome this. I bought two very thick books on it, and learned as much as I could.

I'm 30 y/o and have had chronic pain issues for a few years now. My pain became so bad that I was barely sleeping. I've tried PT, chiro, trigger point injections, muscle relaxors, narcotics, and NSAIDS. The neck, back, and arm pain will be under control for a little, but when my body gets used to it, the pain just comes right back in full force.

I've changed my diet, and get my cardio in at least 5-6 x a week. I also have carpal tunnel in both wrists, so doing strengthening exercises and even some stretching causes problems. My doc wants me to try and avoid going on long term pills like Lyrica, but I'm considering trying it.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding pain control methods, therapies, etc...?

Thanks for listening.

-Kim

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome aboard. I'm sorry for your FMS but glad you found us. We have a Fibromyalgia/CFIDS board which gets more traffic. If you go to the upper right-hand corner, you can click on Select A Board and pull up a menu of all our boards here.

It sounds as though you are doing all the right things. Our members are very generous in sharing and support. I know some have tried Lyrica and could probably give you their experiences. Everything works differently for everyone but, at least, you could get some idea of their results.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. BellaChow

BellaChow New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Mikie. I'll re-post it to the other board.

Take care,
    Kim