Newly diagnosed and new to the forum.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lizardmom, Aug 18, 2008.

1. lizardmom

lizardmom New Member

Hi, I'm a 44 year old gal who was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I've probably had it for well over 15 years.
    But, as I'm sure like many of you, I was told that there was nothing really wrong with me. Other then the fact that "I'm getting older" <sigh> Finally,one Dr dared to think outside of the box by saying "I think you have Fibromyalgia"!! I thought to myself "no kidding? gee,ya think??" I've been saying that for years!

Anyway, I know all of you understand the frustration and feeling of isolation that comes with knowing something is wrong,but no one will believe you.

I'm glad to finally be able to put a name to the pain and misery I've been dealing with all these years.

I'm on Cymbalta right now. Dr wants to see if it helps, then we'll go from there.

I'm looking forward to learning more and "meeting" other Fibro people.

About me: Married 26 years,our kids are: four lizards,two dogs and one guinea pig, no human kids.
  2. padre

padre New Member

The feelings you expressed and the process you have been through will ring a bell with many, many of us.

I am glad you found this place, although I am sorry you needed to find it.

A good way to start is to think of the key words you wonder about or for what you'd like information and put them in search. Read upon things and then ask questions, questions, and more questions.

We have 1 lizard -- just a volunteer who comes into the yard to get our bugs. But, like you, he is welcome.
  3. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

My name is Jenn, 36, married 2 children. My daughter will be 16 next month and my son is 9. I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. You'll find that while everyone experiences a wide range of pain and issues, there is alot of commonality between us as well.
    Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. No question is dumb and no feelings are invalid.

4. lizardmom

lizardmom New Member

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm already searching around and reading so many familiar stories.

When will the medical community wake up! I may be nuts, but I'm not insane! I know what my body feels like!

Thanks again! And enjoy your little bug catcher!
  5. lizardmom

lizardmom New Member

I feel at home already!

Finally!! People who really understand! It's a nice change of pace.

Looking forward to "talking" with you again.
  6. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

It took me about 10 years to think outside the box too. It's a tough road, but we go it together and maybe go crazy together too - LOL.
  7. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

sorry you have this stupid diesease but glad if you do you found this website.

It looks like you already know that people hear have a hard time reading things if it is a big paragraphs or small parargraphs but of course you know that more than likely since you have fibro.

I am 42yrs old I have been married for almost 22yrs to a pretty supportive hubby, I have two kids one is a daughter who is 26yrs old and married and lives in Corpus Christi, I have a son who is 14 and in nov. will be 15(God I feel old).

I have had fibro for about 14yrs, my sister in-law has it, her mom does too my daughter and niece have it but both of them are in denial.

I have heard that my sister in-law's dr said that she thinks it happens in clusters, which has been true for us, we have it and most people in our circle of friends and family have it some accept it some are in denial and want to pretend they don't because they have seen what we have been through with dr's.

I better go take care. Good Luck to you
  8. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Like you, I'm in my 40's, have had FM/CFS probably most if not all of my life, it got worse in my 20's (and I also thought I was just getting older!).

I'm also on Cymbalta, am married (12 years), and have no human kids (we have 2 fur babies <cats>, but love all creatures, including lizards).

There is lots and lots of info on this site and, as others have said, feel free to ask questions as there's no such thing as a stupid one!
  9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome to the board. You have come to the right place.

I love your PH name!!

Will look forward to your postings.

Take care.