newly diagnosed FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sirfoo, Jul 5, 2009.

1. sirfoo

sirfoo New Member

Hi all-
    While i have just been diagnosed by my doctor, though I guess I haven't had the symptoms for 3 months like the diagnosis says...

Anyway, she's put me on a low dose of Celexa, to see if it helps. I just started it, but I'm a bit nervous about taking it. I know many folks are on an anti-d, and I know it helps. Am I just freaking out a bit for no reason, from all the warnings and everything you hear about? That might be it. Will it help with the pain and other symptomns, or just the depression/?

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

but I wanted to say Welcome to Our message board Sirfoo. :)

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hello and welcome!
    Are you depressed? May seem like a silly question, because it's certainly not easy living with Fibro. Depression itself can cause more pain, fatigue etc. - so I'm wondering if your Dr. is going that route. Also getting your seratonin levels up.

I wouldn't freak out about taking an AD. Some people have wonderful success. If they don't work for you, you certainly don't have to stay on them.

I guess I would ask what your other main symptoms are that are really bothering you? If it's pain, I wouldn't think that the Celexa alone would take care of it - but that is only my opinion.
    Did you Dr. run all the blood test to rule everything out, check your Vit D levels etc.?

I'm really sorry that you had to find your way here, but am glad that you did! There are a lot of very knowledgable and caring people here.
    Ask any questions and everyone will try to answer!

4. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

so sorry that you to have to live this life... Fibro can be so very very hard to deal with...
    I wonder... You said. : " haven't had the symptoms for 3 months like the diagnosis says "
    How long have you had Symptoms that you know of. ? what kinds of symptoms do you suffer with ? if you don't mind my asking .
    Well you found a good place for support ... we have lots of great people here. you are never alone in this DD... even though at times it feels like it.. you can ask advise , vent , and come here for support specially when you are feeling like no body understands what you are going through... as we do. Sadly.. but we do understand... I have spent many hours just reading ... I have learned so much here.. as The Doctors still don't know a whole lot on how to treat Fibro... so It seems to me what we are doing is treating symptoms . and trying to allow ourselves a half way normal life. at least as much of one as we can..
    My best wishes for you .
    Spirit. ~ :)
  5. sirfoo

sirfoo New Member

, thanks to all the replies.

I'm mostly dealing with fatigue and pain. the pain is mostly a deep aching/burning in my legs, sharper pain in my left arm, wrist to nearly the shoulder. this hit first of June. i have had lots of blood tests, in fact my doc remarked that we've done nearly every test we could. thyroid and vit D were normal. EBV hadn't reactivated (I had that about 10 years ago).
    no arthritis either, or HIV.

6. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Good morning Sirfoo,

Ya i get the deep Muscial pain, aching / Burning in my legs also.... i have to put them up often and cover then.. it burns even worse but after awhile it feels better... still burns and hurts but somehow feels better to have my legs up.... the fatigue is a real issue for me ... they say I have CFS also... But my Doc Rhyume ( spelling ) . seems to think they come as a package deal... she really knows nothing about CFS. so i am on the search for a new Doc... my family Doc is stepping up as normal and helping me... we Run more and more Blood work as he runs test i ask for also... after readiing this messgae board.. we just checked my throyd ( sorry spelling ) and he says its normal. I do take lots of Vit D 3 .. but am not sure i see a Difference. I will keep taking it though... I may not be looking for the right things who knows.

keep in touch... Paryers for a good day ... Spirit ~