newly diagnosed guy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmman, Feb 26, 2003.

1. fmman

fmman New Member

hi I'm a 37 year old guy who's just recently been diagnosed with fm and anxiety disorder along with depression.I'm finding everything very overwhelming. I'm taking the absolute max of effexor and ativan when I'm anxious. I tried clonazapam but I suffered a huge allergic reaction. Does anyone relate? The all over pain is intense to say the least but the headaches are crippling!!! I'd really like to hear from others who feel the same??
  2. TurtleInaBox

TurtleInaBox New Member

yes, it can be very overwhelming..

effexor freaked me out, prozac was worthless - currently i am taking celexa - but i'm still a little sad... no more anxiety -just down in the dumps...

the headaches are the worst!!!! - with a houseful of kids, dogs, cats and talking birds - i am close to cutting my own ears off!!! - LOL.

good luck...
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello, glad to have you join us. I also have Fibro, been living with this 'monster' for over twenty years now.

First, you need to do some serious research on your own, and then have your doctor work with you, no one doctor knows all the ins and outs of Fibro and related symptoms.

I don't have depression, but do get anxiety attacks sometimes. I take low dose Xanax for them. Works like a charm, but I only take 0.25 milligrams once a day, they can be very addictive if taken too often.

For those headaches, I used to live with them, almost every day at times.

I started drinking half my body weight in ounces of water per day, along with a quarter teaspoon of Sea Salt during the day, and I do still get a headache, but not often anymore. It seems our bodies are dehydrated, and the lacl of water to the brain causes the headaches and sinus attacks, along with the sinus pain.

For pain I take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), and also 'ZMA' (Zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6), this helps with deep sleep as well as the Fibro pain. Most all people suffering from Fibro are deficient in magnesium.

You can read additional information on these products on the 'Home' page, 'Library' and also the 'Store' links at the top of this board.

Since taking the above products, I have not had a serious Fibro Flare in almost a year, and the water drinking has cut back my headaches tremendously, and also many of my allergies.
    You can read about the water at; www.watercure.com/intro.htm They are only selling books on water(which I have both, and they are good reads), but there is a lot of information on dehydration that may interest you.

Do ask your doctor before trying the supplements. The only med I take is the Xanax, so can't help with your other meds, others will be glad to share with you.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often, and good luck!

Shalom, Shirl

4. lmn

lmn New Member

yes, it's the pits!!!
    my dr. put me on celexa for anxiety/depression and it has worked wonders. the pain can be horrible, and i'm still trying to find something for that. fms is definitely overwhelming because it affects pretty much your entire being. hang in there. some of the most beneficial info i've received has been through this message board.
    best of luck,
    lmn

ps try rolling your shoulders back for 10 reps or lie down and move your head side to side for 10 reps. done slowly, i find this loosens my neck muscles and tends to relieve some headache pressure too. consider purchasing "Reversing Fibromyalgia" by Dr. joe m. elrod. it has lots of info on nutrition and exercise. you may find it helpful. i love it!!!
  5. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

I just wanted to whole-heartedly agree with your previous post....i experienced the same type of life/attitude changes...thanks for being so honest.
    peace,hugs,god bless, camelgirl
  6. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

share some of that with everyone, and i was in the middle of quite a lengthy post on this subject, and somehow i lost it...my fingers are sore now of course 'cuz i was on a roll...maybe i'll try again later if i can remember what i was saying LOL!
    peace, hugs, god bless, camelgirl
  7. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

??[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]