Newly diagnosed in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granolamom, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom New Member

Hello, I live in Tennessee. Half way between Murfreesboro and Lebanon. I am a 39 year old mother of four. My life for the past 5-6 years has been hell. Every doc. I saw acted like I was crazy. I have just found out that the crazy symptoms I have been suffering from, muscle pain, twj,head aches, restless legs, the "fibro fog", muscle twitches has a name. So, I guess I am now a member of this crazy family of Fibromyalgia suffers!!!! I was so very glas to have found this board. I have been lurking here a few weeks and finally decided to introduce myself.

I will be around and will have many questions. Right now I am jsut over whelmed by the entire thing.

Thanks, Granolamom (Lee)
  2. Granolamom

Granolamom New Member

Hello, I live in Tennessee. Half way between Murfreesboro and Lebanon. I am a 39 year old mother of four. My life for the past 5-6 years has been hell. Every doc. I saw acted like I was crazy. I have just found out that the crazy symptoms I have been suffering from, muscle pain, twj,head aches, restless legs, the "fibro fog", muscle twitches has a name. So, I guess I am now a member of this crazy family of Fibromyalgia suffers!!!! I was so very glas to have found this board. I have been lurking here a few weeks and finally decided to introduce myself.

I will be around and will have many questions. Right now I am jsut over whelmed by the entire thing.

Thanks, Granolamom (Lee)
  3. JP

JP New Member

Wow, you have your hands full with 4 children and FM. Glad you are here for the support. Others will be saying hello too...take care...jan
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

I completely understand your feeling overwhelmed. I'm new to the dd and to the board as well. I think I'm learning little things every day from reading all the posts, hopefully you will too.
  5. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Welcome to the board...but sorry you need it! I know what its like trying to find a doc who does not think you are crazy. You are among good company. Ask all the questions you want!
    Hope your journey is as pain free as possible,
    Duff
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

Welcome to the board. We have several members from Tennessee, but I have no clue whether or not they are close to you. I'm familiar with the large cities in TN, but after that, forget it, except for Hendersonville, where one of my college roommates lives.

You have found a great source of support and information. Until you feel like you know enough to ask questions (I remember being there, about this time last year) you can read to your heart's content and get some good basic info. Be sure to check out the home page and library.

If you neeed a few laughs go to the Chit Chat Board (not to be confused with the chat room). That's where we let our hair down and get a bit wild and crazy. At least I get a bit, some get a lot more!

Barbara
  7. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I am from Texas, and like you a mother of four. Think I ran into some of those Docs you did---
    I am recently diagnosed, too. It is overwhelming, isn't it. Sometimes I think I have a handle on it, but then the rug is pulled out from under me. I go from mad, to depressed, to manic---trying to cram in as much research as I can, in hopes of fixing me. This is certainly not what I had envisioned when one day in the future, I finally had my children raised, and hubby and I could concentrate on our pursuits.
    Nice to meet you, and look forward to hearing more about you.
    Karen
  8. Granolamom

Granolamom New Member

Thanks everyone!!
    Granolamom
  9. kay

kay New Member

I live in Knoxville. What doctor do you go to? Feel free to e-mail me. look under my bio! Linda