Newly Diagnosed - Now What??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KyLynn, Nov 2, 2005.

1. KyLynn

KyLynn New Member

I have just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (I have it in my hips and shoulders) and am wondering where to start with therapy . . . I had my first pt (physical therapy) appointment yesterday and they hooked me up to pads that transmit infrared light through my joints. Has this helped anyone else? On top of the fibromyalgia I can hyper-extend everything. I think the therapist is unconvinced of my dx because the way he put it was that my "joints over-extend and then tighten too much to compensate and that is what causes the pain." My physician doesn't really know that much about it and did not provide any information or suggest any treatments (I self referred to pt because I have heard that certain exercises can help) so I am having to do this all on my own. Very frustrating to say the least. I have heard about guifenison <sp?> but am reluctant to add yet another medication to the cocktail I already take (I am Bi-Polar with psycotic anxiety and ADD). I just don't know what to do! Any help would be appreciated.
  2. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

you need to find a new doctor that believes in your illness ASAP. it will make a huge difference in your prognosis if your doc is on your side. you will find much advice and support on this board. good luck.

beth