Newly diagnosed with a question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MichelleV, Nov 6, 2005.

1. MichelleV

MichelleV New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro a month ago. Have any of you had rashes during a flare? I had a rash from my neck to my ankles and the top layer of skin from my waist down peeled off in strips. My dermatologist and rheumatologist felt it was an allergic reaction to a viral infection. I've since read that sometimes rashes are a part of Fibromyalgia.
  2. 1horse

1horse New Member

I have not heard of the rashes being that bad, but rashes do go with fm.. I just get itchy and have little bumps and they itch clear to the bone. I scratch and make sores on my arms. the dr. called it nerves,, I called it a mess. Hope you are doing better..
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I also do and never had a rash from it.I have had a rash from a new medication.But thats it.

We are all different .Maybe someone will post something different.

Sue

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I get little rashes that go away when I take a antihistamine but nothing like that.

Welcome to the board, you will find lots of info and support here from good people.

love
    Rosie
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I, too, get rashes, but not necessarily during a flare. In fact I have a rash right now and have been putting Benedryl on it to stop the itching and (hopefully) allow it to heal.

I've always been sensitive to perfumes and have to be careful what products I use like soap and detergents. Just another fun symptom of FMS.

Ellen