Newly Diagnosed with FM and clueless HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by soreme, Apr 9, 2006.

1. soreme

soreme New Member

Hi There

After years of pain and depression my doctor has told me I have FM and I really could do with some advice.

Waht helps? Should I see a rheumatologost ??

Please advise feel so lost and alone

Thanks

2. meowee

meowee New Member

Hello Soreme.

FM is such a difficult thing to deal with. I have been to all kinds of doctors. I think you have to keep going till you find a DR you like and will work with you. I have been to rheumos,orthopedists, neurologists, and GPs. I have also had physcial therapy which helped while I was getting it, but the pain came back as soon as it stopped. I also had corisone injections from one dr which did nothing. So, you see, its kinda hit and miss till you find one you like and a DR who is caring and will work with you.

I think I have finally found that now after a few years of searching. My present dr is sending me to a pain clinic in June for help.

Good luck to you and don't give up.
  3. soreme

soreme New Member

Hi All

Thanks for the responses I am at the start of this journey years later after many misdiagnosis - need to find a good doctor - dificult task in Ireland
    I am reading Fibromyalgia the first year and crying on every page as it is all me - finally someone who does not think I am a hypochondriac
    thankfully my partner is great

Thanks all so much for taking the time to speak to me
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

first i know there is a person or two from ireland that visits us here...she may know of a good dr to go to...

i know she came out here in san francisco california a few months ago...and her son set her up w/appt to see a good dr...

funny thing is he was the neurologist that i was seeing over 10 years ago...he was wonderful..

i only changed because i insurance changed...

jodie
  5. soreme

soreme New Member

Hi All

thanks all was back with GP he has prescribed Celebrex For a month

Is this good?
  6. soreme

soreme New Member

7. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I really just wanted to welcome you here, although I'm sorry you have FM.

I don't feel well right now so I will keep it short.

Just wanted you to know you have found a wonderful sight, with great people and a wealth of info and experience.

You already have received great advice from our posters.:)

Take care,

Claudia