Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KWHops, Oct 3, 2006.

1. KWHops

KWHops New Member

Hello All! I am Kim and newly dignosed with Fibromyalgia about 4 weeks ago after a wrong diagnosis (and wrong treatment) of Rheumatoid Arthritis. In a way, the diagnosis is a relief (it's not all in my head). I look forward to getting to know you all and do have a quick dilemma. I am attempting to apply for Short term disability through my employer. I also have Severe Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (long story that I will save for another day). I've had my Psychiatrist, Psychologist fill out paper work for insurance company. I got a call this morning from a 'clerk' at my Rheaumatologist's office saying that she said that my Psych needs to fill out these forms but not her. HELLO - MY CHRONIC PAIN IS FROM FIBROMYALGIA - not from my psychological problems. Needless to say, I am very confused - told the girl that I need the papers from EVERY doctor that is treating me. So we shall see. Has anyone had any luck in this area?

Sorry to be so long on my first post........but I'm so very glad to have found you all!

Kim
  2. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

Hi KIm.....Glad to have you on board!...There are alot of nice people here...also alot of knowledge...Enjoy!...Lina
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kim:

I always make sure I get the paperwork I want. If one 'clerk' can not help, there is always someone above her.
    You are right: it is very important to have the right diagnosis being given: fibromyalgia.

nyrofan
  4. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Welcome KWhops! I am sure you will find some relief here. I, myself have not filed for disability but, I am sure somebody here can help anwser your questions.
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Welcome Kim

Yes I have had problems getting doctors to fill out forms. They don't like it and will avoid it if they can.

You are right though you need all your doctors to fill out the reports. Reports from your psychiatrist are important but you also need your condition of Fibromyalgia to be documented too. Insist on it!

I am glad you could join us, sorry you have FM but this is a good place to chat and find useful information. When you need to vent we are here!

hugs Redwillow
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

Not a long post!
    no opologies~
    quite short compared to when I get going LOL

So glad you found us, although not happy you have Fibro.
    I've become use to the pain since its been many yrs for me.
    Hopefully you have a decent set of drs.??

Hope you enjoy the board as much as I do.
    Lots of good/understanding people here :)
    It was thought for awhile that I had early RA too.
    acually it was never dismissed but I'm getting no treatment for RA,..just FM.
    take it easy~

Nice meeting you Kim

Hugs
    Tandy
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Quick welcome and hello. Glad to have you here but sorry you have to be here too!!!

Will talk later.

Love Anne
  8. darvick

darvick New Member

I'm glad you found this site, I love it. I may not post that often but I read it every day. Everyone is GREAT here and you are not alone. You have a right to any of your medical reports, you may have to sighn for them. Make copies too. Good to have you here

HUGS
    Darlene