Newly Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ISBeagle, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ISBeagle

ISBeagle New Member

Hi everyone. The other day I went the doctor I couldn't walk or lift up my arm the pain was so bad. He took blood test and called my neuro dr(Ihave dejenative spine) to see me) They came up with zero.They sent me to a rheumatologist and he said I had Fibromyalgia. I have had these symtoms for years but never this bad and just put up with it. I am really having a bad time coping with . I also have COPD (chronic pulmonary disease).
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

I also have DDD, OA & FMS ... no fun. I can barely lift my arms also. I hope they gave you some pain meds? I do not have COPD but have MCS and worry about developing COPD since it runs in my Mom's family ... and congestive heart failure.
  3. judywhit

judywhit New Member

my advise to you is to try and not identify yourself with this DD. It can chew you up and spit you out!
    I was off work for 1year and it was the worst year of my life. I constantly dwelled on me, my pain, my pain pills, a cure, running to doctor after doctor. I visited this board twice a day.
    I am doing sooooooooooo much better,back in the world and enjoying life. I still have flairs and pain but the pain is not my world.
    What has worked for me is
    10mg ambein nightly (saved my life)
    2 .5mg klonopin one morning one evening
    2 500mg omega 3 oil
    I have my life back and FMS is no longer captain of my ship!
    Good luck- off to work,
    Judy