Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elvira197335, Sep 3, 2008.

1. elvira197335

elvira197335 New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know I went to a new doctor last week and she diagnosed me with Fibro. She is a GP but she is doing further testing for Thyroid issues, lupus, rheumatological panel, ms, cbc and I don't know what else. She started me on Neurontin to see if this will help with the pain. It is raining here and I am having severe lower back pain and pain in my upper back and chest. Praying the rain will leave soon so I will hopefully quit hurting so bad. I believe that once all the testing is back my GP will send me to a rheumy and if she doesn't suggest it, then I will. I just want to ensure I have the right diagnosis and not something else. I am just so thankful someone finally listened to me and just didn't pat me on the head and say oh it will get better. If anyone has tried the nerontin for this let me know how it worked for you. Thanks
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Mean happy in the sense a new doctor helped and is giving you some answers altho fibro is not the one you wanted.

They first gave me Neurontin when they thought I had MS. It didn't work for me. Couldn't tolerate the side effects. Of course at the time didn't have as much knowledge about dosages. Hope you find it works for you.

We just had rain come thru and temps that dropped fast, it was awful so I understand how you feel. Try soaking in a warm bath and thinking about how new doc is on the path of helping.

Best wishes
  3. elvira197335

elvira197335 New Member

I am happy in the sense that I believe I have been fighting this for about 10 years and someone finally listened to me instead of saying it is all in my head. I also had a hysterectomy in April of this year due to severe pms and ovarian cysts. The doctor let me keep my ovaries because he said they were fine but everything else went. I also have high blood pressure and the new doc is sending me to a cardiologist in 2 weeks to ensure something else isn't going on seeing as how my mother had her first heart attack at 47 and there is a family history of Coronary artery disease. Getting a diagnosis of fibro isn't the best but now I know what I am facing and will do everything I can to live the best life possible.
  4. elvira197335

elvira197335 New Member

Bumpity Bump