Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chrimson, Aug 23, 2002.

1. chrimson

chrimson New Member

Hello,I am a 50 (nearly 51) year old female,living in East Yorkshire, (although I am Scottish).
    I have just been diagnosed with CFS/ME after being ill since last October. It's a relief to have a diagnosis, but a bit daunting as there seems to be such a lot of information, much of it conflicting.
    I am looking forward to picking your brains and getting to know some of you.
  2. chrimson

chrimson New Member

Hello,I am a 50 (nearly 51) year old female,living in East Yorkshire, (although I am Scottish).
    I have just been diagnosed with CFS/ME after being ill since last October. It's a relief to have a diagnosis, but a bit daunting as there seems to be such a lot of information, much of it conflicting.
    I am looking forward to picking your brains and getting to know some of you.
  3. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Hi,
    my name is jean ann I am 49, was diagnosed 10/2001 with fibr and 12/2000 with IC. I live in Alaska. When I was first diagnosed I think I was in denial. i couldn not accept the life changes I was about to face. I think I have begun to accept that I really have this disease and that i need to change my lifestyle to live comfortably. Instead on dwelling on what I can't do any more i dwell on the things i can do and i think how i still can do some things and change the way i do them to be respectful to this disease.

Welcome to the board and to the begging of a wonderful stress free life.

Love (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))
    jeanann
  4. GEC

GEC New Member

welcome! I wanted to say hello. i am 26 and i have fibromyalgia. At first i was really scared, but after doing some research and talking to others in the same boat, i was not so scared. i am now very positive, and upbeat about this sickness. i cant change it so i wont try nor will i take it out on anyone else. i hope you get what i get out of this board. lots of support and knowledge! take care!

gail
  5. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Am new to this board too, but dx last spring. It is quite the rollercoaster ride isn't it? Reading the posts can be so helpful...you learn that there are some that fare better and others that are in very serious shape. I am learning alot about the disease itself and to be positive. Mostly it has taught me already to be more confindent with docs and be more proactive with my health. It is almost addictive trying to feed yourself with new information. I sat around waiting for over a year doing nothing but "resting" and waiting for IT to go away...pretty much what my doc told me to do. It is so nice to see that things are offered that can help and advice is so great. All on board do "KNOW" how it feels and are really caring about helping each other get well. Welcome a"board". eileen
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I am 40 (just) and am recently dx'd with fms and cfids. Yes, there is so much info, but it's great to be able to make an informed decision now. I'm sure the UKers will be on soon to welcome you as well. The board members here are great, with compassion, support & some excellent advice.

Best wishes. Michele
  7. blast

blast New Member

Hi I am 38 and have had FMS/CFS for 5 years.
    You will get a lot of great info here at this site, so speak up ask question after question!!!!
    We all have something to add and if we don't can always find someone who can!
    Hugs,
    Balst
  8. mtjw

mtjw New Member

I was VERY recently diagnosed. I finally brought a list of symptoms (3 years worth) I've had to my doctor. He sort of just perked up and said "You can't see the forest for the trees" - when confronted with the vast scope of what I've been feeling, he immediately looked over my records and pinpointed some 30 odd fibro-related symptoms.

It is DEFINITELY a relief to have a diagnosis.

I would love to hear about how people here deal with their kids' propensity to take advantage of the exhaustion that comes with this - you know - knowing I'm not up to snuff and just sort of doing things they shouldn't... or asking me for asking for stuff when I'm in no shape to give the answer I should give because I just can't deal with them at that point.

I am a single custodial dad and would just love any suggestions I can get!

mark
  9. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Chrimson. Welcome to the Board. Don't forget to check out the other Boards and the great information provided by this site. There are a lot of friendly people here, you will get to know them very soon. It doesn't take long to make friends here. God bless, Deena
  10. Sindy-Uk

Sindy-Uk New Member

I just wanted to say welcome. I have had cfs for 17 years but only got diagnosed in 1995. I joined this board in May this year and have learnt so much and received amazing support from the people here. I had a bad relapse 3 months ago. With the help of this board I have found a specialst who might be able to help me. I do feel very positive about getting better.
    BTW... I used to live in West Yorkshire (Bradford)until 1980. I live in London now. I am sure you will get a lot of support and information here.

Regards

Satin
  11. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

I haven't been a member for to long, but have found a wealth of info here. There are so many differnt coping strategies that are shared, and I'm sure you will bebefit from them. I too, was scared. I am the primary caregiver for my almost 10 month old grandson. He and his Mama live with us. Nasty divorce thing going on. My daughter is learning disabled, but a wonderful mother. She works full-time, and there just aren't day care facilities around here that I would put my dog in, let alone my sweet little grandbaby. HA! Did I say LITTLE? He'll be 10 months on the 29th, is 31 inches long and weighs 26lbs. 3ozs. It's hard getting him around during the day, but we seem to manage. It's almost as if he seem to know when I'm at my worst. Thank God he is a good baby. My husband and I adopted his mother when she was only 3 days old. We knew that there had been drugs used during the pregnancy, but we would have adopted her even if she was green! We had a son that died at two days, and 8 miscarriages after that. I think I'm getting away from the subject. Sorry. The point is, you will find love, help and, support here. Again, welcome. Have a gentle day.

Regards,

Ellen

PS. I just can't seem to get this flare that's been with me to go away. I know that with the children living back home it doesn't help, but I wouldn't do it any other way.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2002]