Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MRbogusA, Apr 13, 2003.

1. MRbogusA

MRbogusA New Member

Hi, I was just diagnosed with fibromyalgia (3rd drs opinion) and was wandering does anyone have burning pain or burning sensations I have had this for 3 years and no one knows what it is. The first dr. thought I have ms but went through all the tests and all came out fine. I did have 3 Mri's of the brain because it showed spots to make sure they didn't change. This dr said He doesn't need to repeat mri again that it looks ok. He said I don't have ms but I do have fibromyalgia. I will get burning in my legs and all over even in my face. Does anyone have this? Is there anything that relieves the pain. dr put me on neurontin
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Glad you found your way here....sorry to hear about your DX of fibro though, but know it is always a relief to know what your adversary is.

Neurontin should be a good choice for this type of pain. I take klonopin for burning and other nerve type pain and it helps me as well. I do take pain meds, along with that and you might ask your doc, if you find the neurontin is not cutting the pain significantly.

Vitamin B-12 is also very good for these types of symptoms.

Best wishes, LL
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Sorry you are in the same boat we are here, but glad you found this site. I hope you find it as supporting and comforting as I have.

Yes, I sometimes have a burning pain, particularly in my lower left side, neck, and back. I also get a sharp stabbing pain in other parts of my body, enough to take my breath away at times. I guess give a choice, I would take the burning pain over the really sharp pain, although neither is fun.

Ellen