Newly dx. with Fibro. Please help

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by blue67, Oct 20, 2004.

1. blue67

blue67 New Member

Hello, I have been recently dx with fibromyalgia and need someone to talk to that can relate to this condition.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this condition.
    Can anyone help me?
  2. mojo1

mojo1 New Member

Hi Blue

I was diagnosed almost 6 years ago.It is a massive shock but you will get used to the idea,slowly.It can all be a bit overwhelming at first and may take some time to sink in,especially as there are no physical symptoms that you can point at and say its because of this.
    Read,research and talk to other sufferers of fms as much as you can, educating yourself is the first major step, how can you expect others around you to deal with it if you cant teach them.They will be your support network which is very important.
    A sense of humour is a must, take control of it and not the other way round.
    Just remember there are lots of us out hear.
    I keep a diary or "fibro-log", I note down daily how Ive felt, what I did, any pain,where,how long it lasted and if it brought along anything else.I mark the pain on a scale of 1 to 10,(1 bearable- 10 AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!)
    This way you can learn if you have parts of the day that are better or worse,it helps you plan any activity you need to do.
    I also have a list of things I can do by myself, things I need help with and things I dont even attempt.

Every day is a new challenge.
    Take care

mojo
  3. Blueflora

Blueflora New Member

Hi and welcome! Come join us on the FM/CFS board! Blue