Newly dx'd within past 4 weeks?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Jun 6, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I have no experience with - or link to - this company, just happened to run across this while looking at alternative therapies for Lyme. This company appears to be supplying plasma products of those with certain diseases, perhaps to companies working on products?

your guess is as good as mine... not sure but that is what it sounds like. Anyway, if anyone wants to look into this, supposedly you can earn up to $400/week.... here's the info:

-----------------------

Have you been diagnosed in the past month with Lyme Disease?

You have an opportunity to collect up to $400 per week if you qualify. However, timing is critical. Your antibody level is at its highest early in the recovery period. Being diagnosed with this disease or other rare diseases places you in a unique position to help others while being reimbursed for your time.

What is Plasmapheresis?

Plasmapheresis is a process similar to giving blood. The fluid portion, called plasma, is removed from the red blood cells by a sterile, disposable collection system. The cells are returned to the donor while the plasma, which contains the Lyme antibodies, is supplied to manufacturers of diagnostic test kits. The plasma is used as a positive control in these test kits. Plasma donations are made at Life Sera's FDA licensed donor centers.

You Will Need:

* 2 pieces of identification. Photo I.D. and proof of your Social Security Number or IRS Number
    * proof of current address
    * to be at least 18 years old (17 years old with written parental consent)
    * to weigh at least 110 lbs.
    * to be negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV

If you are interested in becoming a donor, contact us by phone 1-866-MYDONATION (1-866-693-6628)
    (urls removed per messageboard rules)

--------
    Again I have no idea really what this is about - and I wonder what they mean by 'newly diagnosed' - obviously you'd have to have a positive test, but wonder about length of time one has had symptoms...

but if one is short on money, could be a possibility - they have centers all over apparently.

hope this is of use to someone...
    Victoria