News about TV series LOST...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by llama, Jan 14, 2007.

1. llama

llama New Member

'Lost' Producers in Talks About End Date

Hi Lost Fans:
    I just saw this little article about the show and thought I'd share it with those of us who are still interested in the show. It'll be back in 3 weeks from this Wednesday. I hope we can revive the LOST thread and have some more interesting and thought-provoking observations/theories. Take care.........Jill..........

Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:48 PM EST
    The Associated Press

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Makers of the tropical island drama "Lost" say they're talking with ABC executives about setting an end date for the series.

There's no sense the finale is coming anytime soon. But knowing they have a deadline will help writers of the convoluted drama lay out how they want the story to end, producers said Sunday in a meeting with TV critics here.

"Once we figure out when that will be, a lot of the questions will go away," said Carlton Cuse, an executive producer. "Lost" is in its third season.

The producers, citing Fox's "The X-Files," said they didn't want to wear out their welcome. "That was a great show that probably ran two seasons too long," Cuse said. "That is a cautionary tale for us."

"Lost" is due back on ABC's schedule next month following an extended hiatus after the season's first six episodes and will air uninterrupted through May. The schedule was a direct result of fans' complaints about reruns disrupting their concentration in past seasons, producers said.

It's likely next year that all 22 episodes will run consecutively, much like Fox is doing with "24."

One prominent critic — ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson — said he thought the first six episodes this season concentrated too heavily on the stories of Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the expense of other members of the large cast.

The producers said that will be rectified right away for the season's second half as "Lost" goes back to the beach.

"Lost," which is shifting back an hour to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Wednesdays, on ABC's schedule, has seen a 14 percent drop in its audience this year, according to Nielsen Media Research. Producers contend the numbers are deceptive because of a comparison with the second season, when "Lost" was a cultural sensation.

The producers concede that it's a demanding story for viewers to keep up with, and not one that people can join in the middle.

"We want them back," executive producer Damon Lindelof said of the lost fans. "We really believe in the show and the audience we're getting. But if we write towards getting them back, we may alienate the audience that we already have."

2. llama

llama New Member

Well I hope that they'll make up in quality what we don't get in quantity!!

I think that a lot of high cost production shows may have shorter seasons...seems like the trend. I guess LOST will have a total of like 22 or 23 episodes.

I'm glad your hubby watches it too. Mine does also and it helps to have someone else to bounce ideas off of or to say WHAT!!! Sometimes at the end of an episode it takes a few minutes to piece it all together and even then I'm never totally sure if I'm on target or not.

Well, I hope you'll come back and post your opinions once the show is up and running. I started a thread at the beginning of the season and there was a nice little group of us chatting each week about it. It seemed like what one person forgot or didn't understand, someone else shed some light on it so it was fun and informative.

Take care..........Jill.............
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am happy that they are changing things, to make it a lot more enjoyable to watch,

and try to figure out clues, they do need to make sense somewhere along the line, for it to keep our Interest's.
    Otherwise, it's like going around in a FibroFog, lol. lol.

Thanks for the up date, Jill, and I am hoping that thoes weeks go by fast, I sure miss the show. and talking to others who enjoy it too.

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for the update llama. I've been thinking about lost lately since all the other shows have come back.

It's nice to know that next season the episodes will run back to back. I'm a little bummed that they moved the time to 10:00. That is past my bedtime! I may have to tape the episodes every week.
  5. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I found this...if you like wired Al Yanocvic's parodies, you'll like this...If you don't, you may still like it.

Click here: stereogum: Someone Will Say What Is LOST Can Never Be Saved

...the music is a kick too!
  6. llama

llama New Member

Hey Losties!

I'm so glad a few of the "old charter members" of the Lost thread replied...I didn't know if I was the only one who was still eager for the return of LOST.

Bruin63, you're welcome. I didn't know if anybody else saw the article or not. I'm glad that they are preparing for an eventual conclusion of the show...I hope it's still on for a couple more seasons :0) It's true what they said about the X-Files, it seemed to just meander along the last season or two, and then it was just over without a real resolution to a lot of the frustrating!

Mollystwin, sorry it's going to be on a little later, but taping it is a good idea anyway. I usually do just so I can replay some parts that I didn't quite get. I also put the captioning on...sometimes I have a hard time understanding what was said, especially when it's something weird like when that bird supposedly yelled Hurley's name!
    I would never have caught

Wish to be Healthy, thanks for the video. It definitely was bizarre. They really did a good job with the graphics, the faces looked so life-like. It wasn't a matter of IF that group who produced it was on drugs, it was what and how much???

Take care everybody..........Jill............
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I'll check out that website, I Love Weird Al, DH and I used to listen to a show, called,
    "Doctor Demento". Anyone remember that?

Full of paradias, which I think of as Pun's to Music,

I did see , later on my webnews, the article about Lost, I also saw a article about, "Lily" planning on leaving the show, hope that is just a rumor to stir up Publicity.

That is a great idea about using the Caption also, when taping, think I will do that, this time around.
    I had DH pick up some new Tapes for me, so I woulnd't forget.

I also tape the Project Runway shows, I love clothes, and style, so this is a fun show for me.

Dancing with the Stars also gets taped, and I now have a Shelf, set aside for thoes tapes, so no one, (dh) can tape over them.

Wed, and Thurs, are so busy with my favorite show's, that I tape one on mine, and watch the other on DH's, as he usually is asleep, tape them too.

Nice gabbing with you, I feel sometimes, like I have no one to talk to about these, show's, and I do Like to talk can ya tell, lol, lol

Hope you All have a Great Day,
  8. llama

llama New Member

9. llama

llama New Member

Yes, I definitely remember Dr.Demento. My friend Lisa and I would listen every Sunday was a hoot!

I didn't hear the Lily rumor, I hope it's not true. It's my understanding that this show is really her first real acting job. She previously had only a non-speaking part. I would think it would be a little premature on her part to strike out on her own with so little experience. But the way Hollywood're hot one day and not the next, so I guess they feel like they have to try every option that opens up for them.

Glad you liked the captioning idea. I really just started using it by accident. Sometimes if my attention span is not great, I find that I miss some of the dialogue. Reading along as they're saying it really helps me to stay focused.

Hey, I love talking about shows or anything else for that matter!! Anytime you want to gab, feel free to post to me. I miss adult conversation...I'm home all day with 3 kitties, who are sweet but poor conversationalists, unless it's nearing their dinner time, then you can't shut them up!!

Do you happen to watch Boston Legal? It's one of my favorites. My hubby tries to control the TV (like most men) but I have my own remote too, so we often have a little battle of wills once in awhile. He seems to only want to watch "detective shows"...constant violence really disturbs me along with excessive sexual content.

Hope we'll be chatting more, especially when LOST resumes.

Take care sharonk............Jill............
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I saw "Lily" in the Golden Globes interview and she answered the rumor that she is going to walk away from Lost. She said she was considering walking away from the business entirely, not so much from Lost. She doens't care for the being famous part. She probly didn't realise how much this show would change her life!!

So many people yearn to be famous and she wants to walk away!! I give her credit for that although I will sure miss her if she does decide to do this.

11. llama

llama New Member

Hi Mollystwin and all,

So the rumor is true about Evangeline! I really like her. I think she's a real natural in front of the camera.

I wonder when she may be leaving?? I hate to say it, but it could be a big shocker for the end of this season if she gets killed off.

I wouldn't think the writers would want her to advertise the fact that she wants off the show this early in the second half of the season...will be rather anti-climactic (sp?)if they bump her off. Who knows, I'm sure she has to abide by the stipulations of her contract, so maybe this is just a publicity ploy (more people wanting to watch to see her fate?).

Well, you really have to admire someone who would be willing to walk away from all the money, glitz and fame. To be nominated for an acting award, when she apparently didn't have previous lessons or experience is quite astounding!

Thanks for the update Mollystwin...even though it was bad news!!
    Take care all..........Jill.................
  12. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I saw the Red Carpet, rerun show's, but they were only showing what they wore, they edited out the interview's, pretty much, so I didn't catch that part.

Maybe she just wants to try acting, in Movies or some other show, where she isn't always, Wet, dirty,and she can wear pretty clothes, except for flashbacks, lol.

It's a Stressful job, even with good money, it would be hard to do that show, when you think of how Physical it is at times.

She should stay tho, and save up her money and invest wisely and never have to work again,
    Oh wait, that was My Plan, when I was younger, lol, lol,

I hope she stay's, but I would like to see more of the other Gals getting some air time too.