News: XMRV

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

New info on XMRV

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I agree that it's too early to tell if XMRV is a major player in CFS. Tufts Univ and UI-Chicago are also looking at HERV-18 as a factor in CFS. I was one of the test subjects and I have yet to get my test results.

HERV is another retrovirus.

The lack of fever and quiet destruction of the immune system certainly describes me.
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I told him I was positive and both parents died of cancer. He was very reassuring and told me to keep checking the pub med page.

He also said the science would win out. Research is finally there and no matter what cfs and fibro are getting the attention now they deserve.

He did not say there would be a cure for xmrv. He led me to believe all of us now have a chance of getting well.

Researchers and science are looking like they never had into all the viruses and retroviruses.

lack of fever and quiet destruction is certainly a good description. I am with you on that one.
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

If the above statement is true, then keeping our colon at max performance may be a key factor in beating what ever infection is our root cause.

I'm taking Kefir (a probiotic grown on milk) daily. It has 10 healthy probiotics. Will it kill off the retroviruses? Only time will tell, but it's cheap, it's healthy and already I have much less flatuence.

I also stay away from any "anti-bacterial" products, as they also kill off probiotics. Simple soaps and H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) AKA "Non-chlorine bleach" does wonders at disinfection.

Maybe it's our "sterile Western living" that's gotten us into trouble. Using "bugs" to eat up "bugs" might be our best hope.