Newspaper interview today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, May 1, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

This morning I was interviewed by my local paper. He asked alot of very good questions, IE: what should the public know about this disease? I was very impressed.

He said he was amazed that I was so upbeat and joking around when I was so sick. (Sort of "you LOOK fine!" but in a nice way.) So I told him the CFS/FM serenity prayer. He totally cracked up. I said that we have to keep a sense of humor or we will just get worse. Gotta laugh!

I gave him printouts of many of our posts to get him informed...told him I did his research for him. LOL

He asked when did I think I came down with CFS/FM. I'm not sure, but I think I was about 21-22 years old. He said not long ago, then...thought I was just over 30 years old. Sorry, I'll be 47 this year! He has a fan for life, now!

The paper should be out Thursday. I will post the article when I get it. He is very supportive of our efforts to make this disease more public. You can google Bowie Blade, if you want. It only comes out on Thursdays.

Thanks for all your help!

God Bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2006]
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Eager to read the article.

Did you see Gary Larson's cartoon on unicorns? Explains why there aren't any.
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I have a nicknack that shows the ark on the top of a hill and the unicorn smelling the roses at the bottom of the hill. I cracked up when I saw that. Hubby got it for me.

I have over 200 unicorns in my collection. That includes the tattoo on my right forearm. LOL

God Bless.
  5. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Good for you!

Congratulations on getting some positive press!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'd love to read the article.
    Well done, UnicornK!
    Kholmes
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

Good job, girl!

I was on tv and radio back in 1996, with Katrina Berne, a psychologist who wrote "Running on Empty", a very definitive book about CFS, which she has.

After 2 TV shows and 3 radio shows, we had over 300 phone calls about CFS....mostly patients, of course.

But you know what???? Didn't do a thing for the doctors in my town....

They still get away with saying I don't believe in CFS...

Go figure...
    Again, good job...if only one more inquiring mind learns something, its worth it!

findmind