Newspaper is interviewing me for article on invisible illnesses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EllenComstock, Jan 31, 2007.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

The Rehabilitation Center where I go for my FMS support group and my pool therapy class, called me yesterday and asked me if I was interested in being interviewed by a reporter at our local newspaper for an article they are doing on chronic pain and invisibile illnesses. Of course I said yes and thanked them for thinking of me! They said they would give my name to the reporter and the reporter would be contacting me in a few days.

The article will be in the paper around the middle of February. I am so thrilled-more awareness of FMS and other invisible illnesses!

Ellen
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

That's terrific; I know you will do a wonderful job. Let us know how it goes.

Kathy
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Ellen:

What luck! I am so glad you have this opportunity.
    You will doing a service for all of us.

It is nice to know we have someone like you to represent these diseases.

nyrofan
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for your kind words. I wish put the article on this message board when it comes out.

Ellen
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Ellen,

That is wonderful news. Let the word out that we are not crack-pots & what it is like. I am sure you will do all of us justice!!

I would love to see the column. Let us know how we can see a copy of it.

love-
    fun
  6. momXtwo

momXtwo New Member

This is an awesome opportunity to spread the awareness of FMS and CFIDS! I know you'll do us proud! Congrats, and the best of luck to you during the interview!

Stephanie
  7. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

YEAH!!!!
    That is great news!!!
    I am glad you get to be a spokes person!! That is what we need!!
    Hugs!!!
    CindyVR
    P.S. I just noticed this...If my little guy isnt clapping for you but mooning you instead..sorry..I am really trying hard to clap..I think Mr. Mooney should be moved away from Mr. Clapping-for-ya!!I wonder if other people has made that mistake? LOL probably just me huh?
  8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It was so nice to come into work this morning and see all the messages wishing me good luck on the newspaper article. I will type the article on here so everyone here can read it. Hopefully my hands and arms won't hurt as much as they have been lately!

Cindy - I had to laugh at the "little guy" mooning me instead of clapping. But I know you meant clapping!

Ellen