NewUpdated picture of the baby squirrel.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Dec 2, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Some of you may remember a while back the little baby squirrel that my boyfriend's sister found in her backyard. My boyfriend and I decided to take her in and raise her.

She has really grown a lot. This is a picture of her in the closet playing. She is so spoiled. I think she thinks she is a dog. She will wrestle your hand and play bite. We have really enjoyed watching her grow. She has her own little personality!!

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Oh my gosh, she has grown! She's cute! How long will you
    keep her? Does she act like a regular pet? What is your daily routine with her? Kim :)
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Does she have a name? Does she respond to it?
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I hope when she finely gets out in this big world she knows how to survive . Sounds like you have a cute childrens book in your future. :)

5. kriket

kriket New Member

She has a cage that she stays in, but we do let her out once or twice a day for about an hour and let her roam around and play in the closet where her cage is. We are about to build her a big cage with a hollow tree in it so that she will feel like she has enough room and is in her normal surroundings.

We still feed her milk everyday. She eats about 2 syringes full. She also eats peanuts, pecans, and acorns. We have nuts all in our shoes where she has tried to hide them as this is very natural for them to do.

I at first was going to name her Precious, but I have decided to name her Prissy. It just fits her so well.

She does come out of her little nest we made for her when we call her or talk to her. We made her a nest out of a shoebox with some cotton and a small little blanket.

Even though she is inside, she knows when it is about to get cold. She gathers her little nuts and tries to put them all in one spot.

We put a mirror up to her the other day so that she could look at herself and to see what she would do. She did not like it at all. She thought it was another squirrel and starting barking and popping her tail.

I have a little teddy bear in the closet and she loves to play with that little teddy bear. She runs to it and grabs it, then she curls into a little ball and rolls around with it like she's wrestling with it.

She play bites my b/f's hand. She will wrestle around with his hand and open her mouth, but she never bites him. She plays just like a little puppy.

She gets to buzzing sometimes and it is so funny to watch her.

6. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Adorable! My husband rescued a baby rabbit this summer being attacked by crows! It was so cute, but terrified, so we put it under the doorstep and allowed him to escape on his own, which he did. We live in a city which seems to have lots of wildlife. Occasionally get visits from deer, moose, even cougars & bears in past years. We also have several squirrels in our neighborhood to which I communicate(whistling) to frequently. Take care, Laura