NEXAVIR USERS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

I have just received my two vials of Nexavir.

Need advice on whether to do IM or SubCutaneous injections.

Which do you do, and do you just immediately use 2cc's
    or do you start with lcc and work up?

Where do you give the injections?

Thanks so much,

Gretchen
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Bump from another Gretchen!
  3. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

4. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I started and stayed at 1cc, so can't answer, however, I e-mailed the place I got Nexavir and got this:

This is usually done like an insulin injection. Given just below the skin surface. The easiest place is in the gut. The usually has the most fat so the skin is pretty flexible. If you go IM it can be given in any major muscle. That would include the deltoid, leg, arm, etc.

However, I did not bruise on my stomach, but I had 2 in bruses when I started on my thighs.
  6. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Hi Lisaloo,

Thanks so much for your response.

How long have you been using Nexavir? Do you feel that you are getting better?

I am so hopeful that this will do me some good. On the other hand, I am so afraid of getting my hopes up prematurely and being disappointed.

It seems to me that it would be easier to do the SubCut shots rather than IM. I don't know why my doctor ordered IM. I am going in tomorrow to learn how to give myself the shots and will ask her if I can do the SubCut.

Please let me know how you are doing.

Thanks,

Gretchen
  7. intensemom

intensemom New Member

HI! I've been on Nexavir(Kutapressin(generic)) for about 5 weeks. It didn't start helping until week 4.

I go to the FFC in Detroit and they wouldn't let me leave until the nurse trained me to give myself subcutanous injections and they gave me how-to handouts!!

If you could get some training from a nurse it would be a great idea!!

I started out at 1cc twice per day for 25 days, then 1cc twice every other day for 50 days and then I will do 1cc twice 3 times per week for 105 days. I have been doing every other day for about 2-3 weeks. I hope you have great luck with this treatment. so far it is working for me!

Love,
    Tracy
  8. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

hi gretchen - i give myself 1cc daily. it does seem to help me. i use the small insulin needles, let the dr. or nurse show you the areas. i never did them in my abdomen, but i think some do. it doesn't hurt. it does take time to kick in, so give it a chance.
    i also do give myself b-12 injections, and those also seem to help.
    good luck-
    anne
  9. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member