Next question re FMS v CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HuggyMummy, Sep 7, 2003.

1. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

I'm sorry I'm asking so many ?s. I'm just trying to get this sorted in my head - I guess it's the researcher coming out in me:) (A valuable skill needed for the degree I'm about to take!:)

Any way,to the point - I know many people recover from CFS; my ? is: have many people recovered completely from FMS?

From my own experience and from what I have researched FMS appears to be either progressive or remitting/relapsing.

Do any of you know people who have completely recovered? Have you yorself completely recovered? Or is yr experience the same as mine?

Please let me know - I shall try not to ask to many more ?s.

(And if I get the opportunity whilst doing my degree I shall research CFS/FMS, ADHD and ASDs as much as I possibly can. I'll be studying Psychology with Neuroscience - lots re neurotransmitters, brain imaging, etc - v approppriate!)

Thanks for yr (future) replies:)

Hugs
    Ruth
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

WHEN YOU ASK QUESTIONS...... THAT'S 1 WAY OF SAYING YOU'RE STILL TRYING... NEVER GIVE UP !!!!! I HAVE MY DOUBTS AS TO WHETHER THERE IS MORE RECOVERY FROM CFIDS AS COMPARED TO FMS... BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT. I BOW TO THE PEOPLE WITH MORE INTELLEGENCE , TRAINING , & EXPERIENCE THAN I..... BLESSINGS !!!!! BILLCAMO.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Two of them came down with it when they got pregnant, and both recovered spontaneously exactly five months after delivery.
    One of them got pregnant again and repeated the whole process. She also told me she had to give up wine and wheat to stay well.
    The third had a mild case, and just moving from the New Jersey weather to our warmer Florida weather, combined with walking every day was enough to fix her after a few months down here.
    I know of one other who used to come to this Board, though I don't know her personally. She keeps her fibro in complete remission with injections of human growth hormone.
    I asked my Rheumy about the supposed 23% recovery rate from fibro I had read about, and he said he wanted to know where these people were, as he had never seen any of them in his practice, and he had more than 1,000 fibro patients then.
    Klutzo
  4. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I had CFS 10 years ago for 8 months,,,,almost totally bedridden and then experienced a full recovery for 8 years, when I had sudden onset again. This time I've been very, very ill for 2 years. Tulip
  5. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

and thanks to evryone who's replied already:)