Next rheum. visit..lab work to check Vit. D level?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crickie, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Crickie

Crickie New Member

Hello,

I have been in such a bad flare up that I had my follow up visit with the rheum. doc over the phone.
    Good new...no Lupus (although wants to do lab work over again in 6 months)...bad news, as always "severe fibro."

Question....along with the lab work in 6 months, he mentioned that he wanted to check my Vit. D level. He mentioned this as I was going down my list of questions...one being should I be taking any supplements other than the multi vit and B complex.

This doc is so French that he is hard to understand and since over the phone didn't follow up on the vit. D comment. Just wondering if anyone has a clue?

Thanks and hope you are all having a good day,
    Chrisi
  2. Crickie

Crickie New Member

Hey there,
    Thanks for writing back! I can understand why you would be vit. D def. and I wasn't aware that the "lack of" could cause bone and joint pain....interesting!
    I imagine you do have to have blood work done to check your level...you can overdose on vit. A, D, E, and K. Once again fibro = out of whack huh?!
    Will do a Google search when feeling up to being frustrated....this is one more perk to this support group - not only do you have understanding, but you also get a lot of great info without having to search, and search, and search!
    Take care and hope you are having a good weekend ~
    Chrisi
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2006]