Nice modelling gig

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jackie41, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Just got back from Bahamas. Did modelling for a company that makes lightweight forearm crutches mainly for younger active people. It was great fun. I was surprised the company used actual full time crutch users rather than professional models. There were two other girls with me, one with MS and the other one and I with fibro. They gave us each a pair of custom fitted ultra lightweight forearm crutches (that we got to keep). These are all one piece so the don't make a clicking noise, and are black. It was so nice walking with these crutches. It's unbelievable how light they are and much better looking than the silver kind. We went to the beach, shopping and to restaurants and the cameras followed us along. We must have walked 2 miles each day and it wasn't that hard, except for walking in the sand which makes my legs very tired.

It was a great trip and I met two new friends. Plus I got a great pair of walking sticks out of it. What a deal!

[This Message was Edited on 01/18/2007]
  2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Sounds as though you had a great time.Glad you enjoyed it.
    Does that mean you'll be on the tv or the front of a magazine?
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nice picture.

Glad to hear you had a good time.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow sounds like a vacation to me! Glad you got to go and do something Fun! Nice to here they have upgraded crutches to lightweight!,,,,,,,,,S
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Modelling in the Bahamas? That sounds like quite a gig.
    Are you ready for the runway now?

I like your picture, too. Good for you for getting around so much on those ultralight crutches.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2007]